Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO - SBD and Speakers info  (Read 1527 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO - SBD and Speakers info
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
my wife owns a dance studio in which we had had a yr end show for the last few yrs at a local high school (700 seats).
the school has changed their policy on renting it out so this will be our last yr there.
the school has a sbd and speakers that hang from the ceiling we have used in the past, since we will have to move to another school which does not have gear to use i have one of 2 options
buy or rent
rent sounds good till i found out yesterday its approx $300 a day and buying was approx $3000 (guitar center gave me this info) and since each yr end show is usually a 3 day weekend after a couple of yrs i will be even
so here i am now...looking to find info on buying decent speakers and a small board to run them with along with a few mics and cd player

the guy at guitar center said i want powered speakers so i don't need and amp and that a 8 channel board would be big enough
but i don't know anything about anything and so any help and/or links to stuff would be appreicated
thanks

ps i assume i need some cables to, or maybe they come with the speakers - again i don;t know anything about this really

all i do know is it would be cool to have a set of mics "recording the show" > camcorder (mic in)
set of mics they can make announcements with
cd player in
so 8 channels maybe 12
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:55:10 PM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: ISO - SBD and Speakers info
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
check in with Team FOH I know they can help...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
Re: ISO - SBD and Speakers info
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:37:43 PM »
thanks
i will def start reading threads there and post later on
+t for the heads up
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com