Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Some questions on hooking up a monitor to pc via a HDMI cable  (Read 2583 times)

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I just got a new pc (windows 7, 64bit) that has a HDMI port on it, I'm trying to use this port to send a video signal to my monitor (Hannspree HF257) and can not get it to work.
I simply got a HDMI to HDMI cable, plugged it into the pc and the HDMI 1 port on the monitor.
When selecting HDMI 1 as the input setting on the monitor, I only see my desktop wallpaper, no icons, tool bars or cursor. Everything works fine with a VGA cable.
I searched for a driver update and only found one available for vista. The Window's device manager says the driver is current.

Any ideas?  Is this even worth doing?  I'm just kinda playing around with this because a kid at work said it would greatly improve my picture quality.

Thanks in advance.
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Some questions on hooking up a monitor to pc via a HDMI cable
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
Is it possible you are looking at extended part of your desktop? Or a second desktop. There are a few variations on the two monitor setup...(although it sounds like you are using 1)

Does the wallpaper appear to at the proper resolution?

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
Go into the menus and select "Video Mode", then make sure to set input to "PC" rather than Video. One of my siblings has a Hannspree and when using a digital input the monitor set itself to "Video" as if expecting an HD signal from a DVD player. Aside from thinking "Video Mode" would be better served being labelled"Video Input" I can't fault anything else about the monitor.

Offline JD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
Looks like I was on a second desktop when using HDMI, I changed that and I also changed the monitor setting to "PC mode". Now its working fine.
Looks like the combination of two solved the problem.

Thanks guys!
Mics: DPA 4022, 4060; Nevaton MC51, MCE400; Gefell sms2000, m20, m21, m27
Pres: DPA MMA6000; Grace V2; Portico 5012; Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Edirol R09hr, Sound Devices 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com