Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Changing RA male Neutriks  (Read 2540 times)

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Changing RA male Neutriks
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:54:40 AM »
i have a question about changing the orientation of RA male Neutrik connectors (the older ones, i think)

Right now when they are plugged in to, say, a 722 both connectors are angled at 5 o'clock pictured on to the right:

how does one change the orientation to look like the RA Neutrik pictured on the left? i've never done this before and figure it should be easy to do with out any modifications like resoldering. i just need some instructions.
TIA

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
Re: Changing RA male Neutriks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »
unscrew the two screws to take the back off, lift out the connection and set it to the position you want and then screw it back together. :)
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
unscrew the two screws to take the back off, lift out the connection and set it to the position you want and then screw it back together. :)

+T

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »

That works assuming there is enough slack in the conductors to allow you to rotate the xlr.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
unscrew the bottom chuck, then the screws/rear panel and adjust.
as Matt says, make sure there is some play in the cable first.  if its locked tight and you twist it....you could easily snap a wire in there.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com