Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cascade Victors  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Cascade Victors
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
All positive descriptives.

So how big and heavy are they really?
Much hassle swapping the transformers?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 12:56:02 AM »
All positive descriptives.

So how big and heavy are they really?
Much hassle swapping the transformers?

The body is not overly big, it is ribbon element and screen that makes them big. But they do have a retro cool look to them. Casacade uses the same body a screen that other Chinese made ribbon mics use. However, Cascade uses a longer ribbon for flatter and more exteded frequencey response. BTW, these can handle 165dbs for when you are stacking Spinal Tap.  ;)

If you go with the shock mount I suggested it will make the even bigger. I love the look. It is like a time machine back to the 40's and 50's. Artist are going to either love them......or wonder why they have to be so big. Straight up on a stand is not a problem but on a boom extending out would require a base weight.

Come to think of it, I think I'll get a couple of base weights and use them on over heads for Dana Fuchs band in a couple of weeks. I have a feeling that these are going to kill on OH, much like the fatheads do....but maybe even better up top, and won't require and high end eq'ing. Horns should come out really well, e/g/ trumpet and sax...ribbons usually work well on them.

There are 3 solder joints, so it is really not a big deal...for and extra $150 Cascade will install them and it won't void your warranty. Either way you go, buy direct from Cascade, they are cheaper than retail stores.

Here are a couple of web pics.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:58:56 AM by raymonda »

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »
Hmmm. I was somehow distracted and almost didn't notice the mic in that second photo.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com