Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: which mic works best with the mr-1  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: which mic works best with the mr-1
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »
What i know is the engineer at the stow,ohio office clearly stated the u853 come with a mini xlr..because..again..they were designed for 3w. He stated adding anything to or taking anything off of them at all voids the warrantee. He did use the word "period" so if you are looking to argue that call them yourself...1-330-686-2600

I will agree if you promise to always have that picture on your profile :)
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »
I just got off the phone with Jim Walker service manager for Audio Technica USA he said and I quote.

"That replacing a connector on any Audio Technica mic does not void the warranty as long as your not dumping 110 volts into it or anything"

I knew this because I have dealt directly with Jim in the past. So that is the final word from AT.

I dont think it really matters in the grand scheme of things but its important to know that this will not void your warranty.

Chris

nameloc01

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 01:22:25 PM »
Believe me that is a bad picture of her. I'll agree if you do.       ps. They said any mod would have to be honored by the modee..a.t. will not warrantee any altered cables,jacks,plugs, bodies/capsules.

nameloc01

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »
Hmmm. Thats not what they are telling me here.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »
Hmmm. Thats not what they are telling me here.

Well they are wrong Jim is the service manager he is the one responsible for all warranty enforcement for AT USA. Give him a call  ;)

Almost every company out there that makes mics and lav mics offers a mic with bare ends.. The reason for this is to be able to wire up your own connector because there is no standard. Now some of the people at AT think that replacing a connector is a "mod" I dont. Its a necessary evil to adapting a product to a wireless transmitter. Something that gets done every day. AT can tell if a product has been damaged because someone hooked it up wrong. That would NOT be covered under anyones warrenty.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 01:36:04 PM by Church-Audio »

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »
I don't seem to be getting along very well with nameloc01 (i never did play well with others!),

BUT,  his picture does deserve a T+

Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
Speaking of company support, a while back I had a product manager at Korg who liked my mics.  So he recommended them to a client for the MR-1, and I asked him what was the power spec on the MR-1's inputs (they are balanced input, so it's not obvious what Korg may have done).  Actually I asked twice, and never heard back  ???

So if anybody can fill me in, I'd appreciate it . . .

Not alot of power at 3 volts!....
"A switch selects the input gain range between mic or line level. A second switch applies 3.0V microphone plug-in power. Input impedance, specified as 10 kilo-ohms, actually appears to be closer to 100 kilo-ohms for both the line and mic modes."

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
Not alot of power at 3 volts!....
"A switch selects the input gain range between mic or line level. A second switch applies 3.0V microphone plug-in power. Input impedance, specified as 10 kilo-ohms, actually appears to be closer to 100 kilo-ohms for both the line and mic modes."

What's the source for that?  Mic impedance can't be 100K, the supply resistor has to be a lot less than that.

Anyway, 3V across tip and ring is a lot better than just one or the other, at least from my perspective . . . but that doesn't mean that was what they did  ???

I think the boneheads were not using a real impedance meter to measure the impedance :) They must have measured the dc resistance :)

John this was the source.... http://www.proaudioreview.com/pages/s.0035/t.8221.html

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com