Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever order from church audio?  (Read 26151 times)

Offline deadphishin420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone ever order from church audio?
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
Hello all

I ordered at the end of July a battery pack from church audio.  I’ve tried to email them to find out my order status and have got no reply. Does it normally take this long? Is he a member on here? I’m not bashing the guy, just want to make sure a battery box that said they had 10 of in stock took this long. Thanks!
Akg 391 hyper/Akg 430 cardioid/akg c214 Omni/>sound devices mix pre 6

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
Re: Anyone ever order from church audio?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »
Grab a drink, kick back and say goodbye to your afternoon:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=177464.0
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178414.0

"In stock" doesn't mean anything.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
lol

I've had the best luck messaging him on Facebook. Love his gear

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »
I found out after ordering that "in stock" means he has the raw materials on hand...and that's all it means.

You'll get what you ordered, just don't hold your breath.  Sad to say that's just the way it is when ordering from him.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »
Good luck  :cheers:
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 12:28:00 PM »
Could be a month, could be 6+
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
Don't do it.  Nothing but drama and long delays.

If super low cost is what you need, you have other options:

Jon at Naiant makes great products and his service is outstanding.
https://naiant.com/

For something that looks more like the things Church makes, check out Sound Professionals:
https://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category/120/mics
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 01:35:00 PM »
Church Guy bitched me out when I said off-hand that I didn't like ordering from custom shops like his b/c product support couldn't be guaranteed...

I guess I was right...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

ilduclo

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »
Don't do it.  Nothing but drama and long delays.

If super low cost is what you need, you have other options:

Jon at Naiant makes great products and his service is outstanding.
https://naiant.com/

For something that looks more like the things Church makes, check out Sound Professionals:
https://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category/120/mics

what he said

Offline hubbachild

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
I'm still waiting for Sound Professionals to return my at853's I sent them 7 years ago. Calls get me the runaround. I paid them $140 to steal my mics. I'm just pointing out that shit can happen, no matter who you deal with.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 02:37:20 PM »
I'm still waiting for Sound Professionals to return my at853's I sent them 7 years ago. Calls get me the runaround. I paid them $140 to steal my mics. I'm just pointing out that shit can happen, no matter who you deal with.

And didn't some people have issues with Naiant recently?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline cajuntaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 06:11:19 PM »
I use Church Audio mics and gear, and I love the products, but from this point forward I will only be buying second hand and from the Yard Sale. I will never do business with this dude directly ever again.

I placed an original order for 2 sets of mics and a pre-amp on 8/13/2018, after emailing him directly to see if he had what I wanted in stock, because his site said he didn't. He confirmed he had what I wanted, in stock, and that it would ship out the next week, so I placed an order.  I got some CA-14 cards, some CA-11 cards, and a 9200. I didn't get in on any FB deal or anything, paid full price for all of it.  I received my order 10/24/2018. From what I've come to understand, this is pretty quick and timely for him, but far from the next week that I was expecting from a promise he made unprompted by me. I've used the 14's and 9200 a ton, and love them. I didn't get around to using the CA-11's til around February, and the first time I was setting them up I inadvertently caught the left lead in a mic stand screw and chewed it up pretty good. (Reconfigured my set-up quickly on the fly and still pulled a good tape.) I hit him up about doing a repair, he told me it'd be $60+$20 return shipping, and I told him I'd get them out after Mardi Gras bc it's a busy time of year. He responded and asked "If you can send the payment now that would be cool I have to order some more Cable ASAP." He's quick to get your money, well in advance of services rendered, and then takes his time delivering at his own pace. I shipped the CA-11's for repair on 3/29/2019, and they were delivered at 10:42am on 4/5/2019 (I still have all of the tracking info/confirmations, payment records and emails of all our correspondence if anyone doubts my account here.) I hit him up on 5/17/2019, just to make sure he'd received them, and while not in a rush, I just wanted an ETA bc I was trying to make plans for what I was bringing to festivals this summer. He told me he'd get them done and ship them the following week. Followed up again 6/12/2019 - "It's done, will ship out Monday." On 7/12/2019 the response was just a terse "It's done." with no further details. When asked if they've shipped, he can't say for sure, and when asked for tracking info he tells me he doesn't do tracking on return shipping. My last communication with him was 8/13/2019 - "This shipped it’s on the way sorry for the delays" but so far I haven't received anything.

So as of right now,after a year of corresponding with this guy, I'm out more than $210 ($130 for the mics + $80 for repair + shipping) for a pair of mics I've never used once, and I can't even take them to someone else to have them repaired because he has them now.

EDIT: GOT 'EM, SEE BELOW
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:53:17 PM by cajuntaper »

Offline cajuntaper

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »
Like, if it's gonna be 6 months, cool. Tell me i'll have them in 6 months. Don't tell me that they're done and shipping out next week when they are not, and you have no intention of delivering on this.

It isn't the wait that pisses me off, it's the expectations created by unkept promises and dishonesty.

ilduclo

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 06:29:27 PM »
attitude to me is nearly as important, and that's what put me off Chris C for permanent

Offline cajuntaper

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 06:41:28 PM »
Well, it's a goddamned miracle.

I literally typed the above post, left my office, and came home to find them in my mailbox.

And wouldn't ya know it, it has a tracking number after all.

Still, it's not an experience that I will be engaging in again. If you're expecting stuff from him, I hope you get it eventually.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:54:12 PM by cajuntaper »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.143 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com