Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: whats mics are needed??  (Read 1969 times)

Offline chunga1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
whats mics are needed??
« on: March 07, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
I recently recorded the Foo Fighters at Jobing.com arena, in Glendale AZ..The show came out good, except for this annoying lady who insisted on clapping all over the place...It showed up on the recording..

Setr up used is AT-831>SP-SPSB-1(w/107Hz rolloff)>NJB3  clipped to my hat..Are there any mics that do not record all the noise around and just the music coming straight at you from the stage??? I'm trying minimize the chatter and clapping from people around me..I know people want to yell and clap, I'm not going to stop them while I record but is there another way around it all the noise? any mics or any other suggestion is welcomed.

thank's
SP-CMC-2(AT-831>SP-SPSB-1>NJB3

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: whats mics are needed??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
Hyper caps may help. Their pickup pattern is more direction than regular cardoids.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline lnarachi

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Pullin one for the team
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »
Bring a crew and have them sit on either side of you and in front of you. Have them quietly mention to the others around them that if they keep from clapping and yelling during the music (who cares between tunes) that they will get a copy. That usually works for me...in fact the folks get promised a copy usually act as better enforcers than your crew once you dangle that show in front of them.
mk4v/mk2h/mk8/mk41v CMC6 > Grace V2/V3 Oade ASM mod > Benchmark AD2K+ > SD 744T/Edirol R09

Playback: Northstar Designs M192 transport and DAC >  Cardas Neutral Reference interconnects > Cary Audio SLP98 > Pass Labs X250 > Acoustic Zen Satori cables > Von Schweikert VR4

Offline aegert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
Tell the clapper if they are quiet you will send them a cd if not you will pummel them with rotten trout!
A
B&k 4022's > Grace Lunatec V3 > Self Built  Neutrik/ Mogami XLR to TRS > Korg MR1000

Schoeps CMT44's > Self Built Neutrik/ Tuchel 2 ch Snake > Switchcraft Phantom to T-power Adapters > Grace Lunatec V3 > Sound Devices 722

www.motb.org

The bus came by and I got on....

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 07:14:43 PM »
Bring a crew and have them sit on either side of you and in front of you. Have them quietly mention to the others around them that if they keep from clapping and yelling during the music (who cares between tunes) that they will get a copy. That usually works for me...in fact the folks get promised a copy usually act as better enforcers than your crew once you dangle that show in front of them.

Yes it can work, but it *can* sometimes backfire on you. I've had idiots spot my mics and start yelling/screaming to try ruin my recording. Some people are just plain stupid. Even if you tell them, sometimes they yell/talk/scream/clap loud on purpose just so they can ''hear themsleves'' on tape.

Its a hard one to judge really.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:29:46 PM by Liquid Drum »
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:05:31 PM »

Yes it can work, but it *can* sometimes backfire on you. I've had idiots spot my mics and start yelling/screaming to try ruin my recording. Some people are jusy plain stupid. Even if you tell them, sometimes they yell/talk/scream/clap loud on pupose just so they can ''hear themsleves'' on tape.

Its a hard one to judge really.

I have had it backfire as well. I keep stealth, stealth and don't discuss with anyone unless I have a super chatty person that wants to fire up a conversation with me, then I break down. I try and be Mr. anti-social at shows I am stealth taping.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
I recently recorded the Foo Fighters at Jobing.com arena, in Glendale AZ..The show came out good, except for this annoying lady who insisted on clapping all over the place...It showed up on the recording..

Setr up used is AT-831>SP-SPSB-1(w/107Hz rolloff)>NJB3  clipped to my hat..Are there any mics that do not record all the noise around and just the music coming straight at you from the stage??? I'm trying minimize the chatter and clapping from people around me..I know people want to yell and clap, I'm not going to stop them while I record but is there another way around it all the noise? any mics or any other suggestion is welcomed.

thank's

You do not need to use a Roll off with these mics because they need all the help they can get bottom end wise. If your doing it because your getting distortion then I would do my 4.7k mod to them.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.133 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com