Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-CMC-4U Mics  (Read 30809 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: SP-CMC-4U Mics
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2011, 04:58:33 PM »
AT and yours are both three wire.  Red is the drain of the FET, Yellow is the source of the FET and shield is ground (of the capsule).  The other end of the capsule goes to the gate of the FET.  For two wire you short yellow and ground (at the 3.5mm stereo plug, usually).

Also, from what I can see (just unscrewed the plug cover, haven't gone ripping anything apart yet), the wires in the SP-CMC-4 cable are both red. Is there an easy way to determine which wire is which?

Looking again, it appears that the pairs of red wires are soldered together (i.e., both from the left capsule soldered together, both from the right capsule soldered together). Is it safe to assume, then, that yellow and ground from the mic are shorted together at the mic end, and that this can't be modified with a new plug?
Put a 4.7k resistor between the Yellow wire and ground. Use a 1% surface mount resistor.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline lukpac

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
Put a 4.7k resistor between the Yellow wire and ground. Use a 1% surface mount resistor.

Thanks Chris. I was going to post that I guess the yellow wires just can't be seen in the plug now (I haven't pulled everything apart yet), but forgot to.

That said, I do have two questions:

1) Upthread there was discussion about using a single resistor instead of 2. You were going to try it out. Did you ever try it? Did it work?

2) Anything particular for a 4.7k 1% resistor? Am I correct in guessing that any power rating would be fine? It looks like Digi-Key has 125 different 4.7k 1% surface mount resistors to choose from.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »

Thanks Chris. I was going to post that I guess the yellow wires just can't be seen in the plug now (I haven't pulled everything apart yet), but forgot to.

That said, I do have two questions:

1) Upthread there was discussion about using a single resistor instead of 2. You were going to try it out. Did you ever try it? Did it work?

2) Anything particular for a 4.7k 1% resistor? Am I correct in guessing that any power rating would be fine? It looks like Digi-Key has 125 different 4.7k 1% surface mount resistors to choose from.

You can not use a single resistor. Each mic needs its own. You want a metal film resistor 1/8 watt is fine.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline AndyLGR

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
I recently bought a set of these mics and will be giving them their first run out soon at a show. I've had the low sensitivity mod done to them, but I was wondering if anyone whos used these regularly has any advice on using bass roll off or not with them. I'll be taping rock concerts in arenas and theatres.

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
I would not run a bass roll off with these mics under any circumstance
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »
I recently bought a set of these mics and will be giving them their first run out soon at a show. I've had the low sensitivity mod done to them, but I was wondering if anyone whos used these regularly has any advice on using bass roll off or not with them. I'll be taping rock concerts in arenas and theatres.

Roll it off in post
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com