Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: External Power--Sony TCD-D10 ProII--Using ACP-88 AC Adapter  (Read 8314 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
External Power--Sony TCD-D10 ProII--Using ACP-88 AC Adapter
« on: October 18, 2013, 05:30:48 PM »
Subject line is a mouthful.  Is there a way to use an external battery modifying the AC adapter ACP-88?  Anyone here able to make some sort of conversion so I can use an external power source, i.e. Tekkeon?
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: External Power--Sony TCD-D10 ProII--Using ACP-88 AC Adapter
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
Maybe poke around in the DAT Heads archive...?

I what you describe is exactly what D10 owners used to do - just use the battery case as a giant jack for another power supply...

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
I'm not going to run a DAT deck anymore.  I was more interested in how someone could do it.  BTW, my two batteries are dead.  Charged in about one hr and when I put them in the deck they went dead quick.  I was listening to a Kimock show ( 2-2-02 ) and notice the source was:

AMS-ST-250 Soundfield>Lunatic V2>Mod D10 Pro MKII on stage.

Got me to thinking how did they power the deck, unless they had access to AC power.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline jhfinn

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »
I'm not going to run a DAT deck anymore.  I was more interested in how someone could do it.  BTW, my two batteries are dead.  Charged in about one hr and when I put them in the deck they went dead quick.  I was listening to a Kimock show ( 2-2-02 ) and notice the source was:

AMS-ST-250 Soundfield>Lunatic V2>Mod D10 Pro MKII on stage.

Got me to thinking how did they power the deck, unless they had access to AC power.

They made a dummy DC adapter that slid into the same slot. I think the model # was DCP-80. I used that along with a EcoCharge sla.Impossible to even find info on them anymore. I have two for my d10ll. If you want one send me a pm and I'll search around for it. Packed away in attic somewhere:-)
Regards,
Jim
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:56:50 PM by jhfinn »
Mics:Neumann KM150x2...LC3KA actives x4
Pres:Audioroot Femto(L)
Recorders: Edirol R44/Sony PCM-D50
Retired: Sony D10pro2 modified/ Sony TCD-D8

Offline tapertom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Thank A Taper!!!
    • Most of my CD list
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
Im  looking for a battery pack for D10
 too
They weren't they did, They were the only ones that did what they did.... The Grateful Dead

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 02:22:16 PM »

It's been a while but I used a dummy battery to external battery. I am pretty sure I have my D10Pro (transport  is frozen) and AC adapter. I may have the AES cable, batteries, etc, but will have to scrounge around...

AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com