Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B&H Video - Anatomy of an Audio Bag  (Read 2970 times)

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
B&H Video - Anatomy of an Audio Bag
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
Not sure where to put this, and while it's aimed primarily at ENG (Electronic News Gathering for those who wonder what that stands for) has a little something for everyone recording in the field, that's you! :)

http://www.video.bhphotovideo.com/index.jsp?fr_story=e0f3c8ae6a2cc484361f6eaa46db3f12a63a2634

Some equipment seen...

K-Tek boom pole
Rode Blimp
Rode NTG-2
Sound Devices 302 Mixer
Edirol R09HR
Bag Porta-Brace MXC-302?
BDSV2 battery distribution system

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:08:26 PM by digifish_music »
- What's this knob do?

Offline moooose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: B&H Video - Anatomy of an Audio Bag
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:35 AM »
nice, thank you!

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 02:49:43 AM »
nice, thank you!

Thought it may give someone ideas for their own bags :)
- What's this knob do?

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »
Pretty cool!  That bds battery system looks pretty handy.
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

Offline GDfan

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:38:02 PM »
thanks for the link, cool video
Neumann SKM184 / AKG 568EB > Sound Devices MixPre3
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/CLaPorte

Offline jbw

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »
Nice vid!

Didn't seemed to focused too much on the bad itself though  :o.

I use a portabrace mx-24 for my mixpre and r-09HR, I dont have a battery system yet, but use some rechargeable ones. I put velcro on the back of my r09hr and attach it to the front/top of my audio bad so I can monitor both devices easily (as long as it is not too sunny!).

Maybe someone might wanna check it out, I would love to see other people's bags.

Lots of Mics
Sound Devices 722

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
Nice vid!

Didn't seemed to focused too much on the bad itself though  :o.

I use a portabrace mx-24 for my mixpre and r-09HR, I dont have a battery system yet, but use some rechargeable ones. I put velcro on the back of my r09hr and attach it to the front/top of my audio bad so I can monitor both devices easily (as long as it is not too sunny!).

Maybe someone might wanna check it out, I would love to see other people's bags.

nice setup!

Bags are expensive but they certainly make keeping the $hit together easier and more accessible. What kind of headphones are you using--or at least hanging in the pic? I'm interested in getting a pair but I still have a lot of research to do. any suggestions?

Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline jbw

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 05:43:21 PM »
For the field, and what is in the photo, I use the Sony 7506 cans. I like them because they are closed headphones and really help me tune out outside noise. From what I hear, a lot of folks use these as well. Also the collapse so easy to bring along.

In the "studio" I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 595 which are great cans for critical listening, imo I like them better then the newer/more expensive Sennheiser models, also they are nice and burned in and I am used to their strengths and weaknesses. They also have that "open-arie" thing going on, which means it is bad for field work as the you'll be recording sound coming out of the outside of the headphones as well. But man are they comfy.

I should mention I also got a few piggin straps from portabrace to attach around my headphones and some cables that snap right onto the bag, with pretty silent plastic connectors.

And if anyone is wondering what the rubber bands are all about, I got a free silicon case with my r09HR, which is cool but it was a hassle changing batteries so I cut out the backside to make a flap so I could easily exchange batteries on the fly, it also holds my velcro into place since the silicon and the velcro glue dont work so well together.

Cheers.
Lots of Mics
Sound Devices 722

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 04:04:08 PM »
What kind of headphones are you using--or at least hanging in the pic? I'm interested in getting a pair but I still have a lot of research to do. any suggestions?

The Sony 7506 cans are pretty common. I'm not overly fond of them. I prefer the Sennheiser HD 25sp cans, but they cost a bit more than the Sony models. However, I think they are a lot more comfortable for long shoots and I feel they have a much more natural sound than the Sony models.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com