Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Identify your preference and guess the source:

I prefer source 1 and think it's the D100
2 (28.6%)
I prefer source 1 and think it's the NJB3
0 (0%)
I prefer source 2 and think it's the D100
3 (42.9%)
I prefer source 2 and think it's the NJB3
2 (28.6%)
I can't tell the difference
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: COMP: Line-in / ADC, NJB3 v. D100  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
COMP: Line-in / ADC, NJB3 v. D100
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:50:01 AM »
Don't be shy - give a listen and vote!

NJB3 v. D100 line-in / ADC comp is up over on bt.easytree.org:

tracker entry
torrent link

I ran this comp a while ago and am re-hosting now by request.  Thought I'd let everyone know the comp is available again and to check it out if you want to compare the NJB3 v. the D100.  Curious to see if more people give a listen this go-round - have at it!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
Re: COMP: Line-in / ADC, NJB3 v. D100
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 02:52:36 PM »
could you PM me which source is which please? I preferred Source 2 and thought it is the D100

edit: IMO source 1 seems brittle and harsh...although very detailed, Source 2 seems more round and warm...easier to listen to for me. However, I hope I'm wrong b/c I'm selling my SBM and going to use my JB3 for A/D for the time being.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 02:58:48 PM by Ashevillain »

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:48:22 PM »
I'd be interested in getting a PM as well with which is which.  I preferred source 1, and thought it was the D100.  The differences were subtle, but source 1 seemed smoother to me, and perhaps a bit more "lively" to me (I know, I know I'm really not very good at describing what I hear).  Because I liked source 1 better, I'm guessing it's the D100, because I'd assume that it has a better A/D. (I've never run either the D100 or the JB3, I just thought that this would be a fun and interesting comp. to do).

fwiw, I'm listening to this from my computer, Waveterminal 2496 soundcard digi out > Grace 901 > Grado rs2 headphones.  I didn't bother to listen to this with my speakers, because they are complete crap speakers.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 07:52:23 PM »
I actually prefered source 2.  I listened several times thru both my headphones and my speakers(which are VERY bad) but i found source 2 to be a little more pleasant on my playback system.  Although I must say i listened several times before making my conclusion, and not sure that I heard that much of a difference...I haven't developed my "golden ears" yet!

pm with the correct source information pleez

I am guessing with the question..since the D100 is so popular, as to test AGAINST it, that source 2 would be the D100.

edit:  I think source 2 was a little more "crisp"? and "desicive"?  so that was what I was basing it on...

my wife had the same feelings, but said she actually prefered source 1 as it seemed more togethor(vocals and music) while source 2 seemed too seperated...and muffled

« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 07:57:51 PM by razorback »
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline jbraveman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 02:37:18 PM »
What they said.  Source 2 sounds more natural and less harsh.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com