Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need your help  (Read 1247 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Need your help
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »
I need all your help I am going to pick up a new mac. I had a power book G4 but it bit the dust the other day. I used it for all my audio needs. I am thinking of a new mac book 2.4 ghz or a i mac 2.8. I want to know if any one has used the 2 of them and can see a big dif in the 2.4 of the mac book or the 2.4 of the i mac. I want to know if it can be seen or it is not a big deal.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline attheshow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Need your help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 03:18:27 AM »
I have a 2.33GHz MBP and it's plenty fast! I've only used the Imacs in the store, but from what I can tell they're not leagues faster. Memory is probably a much greater contributor to overall performace on these machines than processor speed. Get the machine that best suits your needs, max out the memory and you should be happy for a very long time.

If you're a student or an educator don't forget to use your school discount, could get you 10% or more off your purchase price.

Oh, and one onther tip.... Buy on or after October 26th. The latest version of OSX (Leopard) is due out on that day, and if you buy a new machine after that it will come with the new OS.
Mics: MM-HLSC-1, ECM-737, ECM-719
Recorders: R09, MZ-RH1, MZ-R70, MBP
BBox: Greenmachine DIY, CA-UBB (on the way!)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Re: Need your help
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 01:37:07 PM »
Thanks for the help I was going to pick it up on the 26. As far as the student 10% that is way I am going to have my friend get it under his name so I can get it. Dose any one know if I could run 2 displays with the I mac. I know you can with the mac book.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.113 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com