Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cable angle for V3>722 XLR interconnect.  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Cable angle for V3>722 XLR interconnect.
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »
What is the best scenario for a short xlr v3>722 cable? I'm thinking rt angle chopper on both ends. Or maybe straight choppers on the 722 and rt angle on the V3? It seems like for the right angle cables the cable would need to come out at around 3:00 on the back of the V3. That's if you are holding it from the back looking straight at it. If you are looking at it from the front , that would make it come out from the left side of the V3(9:00). I need some advice on the preferred setup.
Thanks-kevin
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
Re: Cable angle for V3>722 XLR interconnect.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:39:40 AM »
In the same boat.  Looking for a good solution to this and came up with this photo of gumbino's AR-7 bag set up.  I just got a AR-7 myself and trying to figure a way to dial this in properly...

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,90936.0.html

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:33:10 AM »
In the same boat.  Looking for a good solution to this and came up with this photo of gumbino's AR-7 bag set up.  I just got a AR-7 myself and trying to figure a way to dial this in properly...

I'm now running gumbino's AR-7 setup.   Shortys coming out at 2pm on the V3 side and another set of shortys at 11pm out of the 744.    Works great and gives me some flexibility for different gear combos.    If anyone needs a few new pics let me know and I can take some tonight and post them.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »

I'm now running gumbino's AR-7 setup.   Shortys coming out at 2pm on the V3 side and another set of shortys at 11pm out of the 744.    Works great and gives me some flexibility for different gear combos.    If anyone needs a few new pics let me know and I can take some tonight and post them.

Hello - Please post your pics if you would - thanks!!  I was considering stubbies coming out at 4pm on the V3 side and I would like to see your setup. 

I'm gonna have a "V3 right angle stubbies xlr > right angle mini plug" cable constructed for me.

Thanks.
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:46:45 PM »
What's the best length for these cables in a pegz2 bag? I'm guessing around 18 inches.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:56:38 PM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »
What's the best length for these cables in a pegz2 bag? I'm guessing around 18 inches.

I'm in the same boat. I just ordered straight stubbies on the V3 with right angle stubbies at the 702 recorder cable coming out at 7 o'clock. I have the pegz-2 with the V3 on top, 702 in the middle and stuff in the front/pouch end. I'll post pics once things arrive.

I have to build some cage like deal to keep the V3 from the bottom of the bag. I'd rather have that area open so air circulates through. I'm gonna find some wire baskets from the hobby store or something and get to wrenching on that.

By the way, my stubbies, got from Darktrain, Robb is a cable making machine! Ordered last night, built today in the mail already and should be here Thursday! Just in time for Mule on Friday. That is un-f^cking believable!  :o
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com