Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Sennheiser Active Setup  (Read 88194 times)

Offline MKHstudios

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: New Sennheiser Active Setup
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2007, 08:15:27 PM »
I am curious as to where you got your set of these
since it seems most are not shipping them yet...

Sennheiser has been shipping the MKH8000 series for about 5 weeks.  Although, not many accessories are available yet.  The first few batches to land in the US went mostly into the broadcast industry  (film sound, network TV, etc) for evaluation.  I know for fact they were used on the film Spiderman 3 and by Fox during the World Series.  I borrowed the pair I used last weekend. 
Neumann KM140s~>Aerco~>PCM M1
Neumann KM150s~>SD722
and the newest addition...  Sennheiser MKH8050's

Offline MKHstudios

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
just for the record....

I came up with the name "MKHstudios" a little over two years ago after making a killer ambient sound recording with a pair of MKH800's. 
Neumann KM150s~>SD722

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2007, 08:45:16 PM »
Sennheiser has been shipping the MKH8000 series for about 5 weeks.  Although, not many accessories are available yet.  The first few batches to land in the US went mostly into the broadcast industry  (film sound, network TV, etc) for evaluation.  I know for fact they were used on the film Spiderman 3 and by Fox during the World Series.  I borrowed the pair I used last weekend. 

As I have said before, according to two of my wholesalers, these are still not available in the US.
It makes sense that the pair you have are borrowed from someone in the broadcast industry, as they often get gear before it is released to the general public.
In another thread a retailer has them listed for sale, but when asked if he has them in stock and if they are ready to ship, he gives no answer, which leads me to believe that they aren't.

I'll make another call to my contacts later this week as I think I will pick up a pair of the 8040's.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline MKHstudios

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »
They are available, but most likely not in stock at your local dealer.  Even Sennheiser USA is recieving these in in relatively small quantities every few weeks.  Remember these mics are not being mass produced and there is a global demand in the broadcast industry.  But I do know if you call a Sennheiser dealer and get in line by placing your order for the mics (not accessories yet) - they can place the order with Sennheiser and you should have a pair of MKH8000's in 4-6 weeks. 

I am still trying to find out when you will be able to buy capsules w/o the mic body. 
Neumann KM150s~>SD722

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
did anyone see my earlier post in this thread regarding info from Sonic Sense?

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,94564.0.html

Sennheiser will increase prices by about 10% Jan. 1, 2008.  We are still waiting to hear back from Sennheiser regarding price increase on Neumann and HHB products.

The MKH8000 series is shipping now.

For our specials on Sennheiser products please email us at sales@sonicsense.com
Parker
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:07:49 PM by kgreener »

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2007, 09:22:27 PM »
They are available, but most likely not in stock at your local dealer.  Even Sennheiser USA is recieving these in in relatively small quantities every few weeks.  Remember these mics are not being mass produced and there is a global demand in the broadcast industry.  But I do know if you call a Sennheiser dealer and get in line by placing your order for the mics (not accessories yet) - they can place the order with Sennheiser and you should have a pair of MKH8000's in 4-6 weeks. 

I don't think anyone here is expecting to walk into their local Guitar Center and find these in stock, but even the major guys like Full Compass, B&H, and Sweetwater don't have these in stock and don't show them shipping until "the end of the year". It's understandable that some of these have made their way into the broadcast industry. I know for a fact that the accessories (and there are some really neat piano/podium/instrument mic'ing solutions for these mics) won't ship until after the new year. I'm excited for this line, but I guess I'll hold off until I can all the accessories that I want.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

Offline George2

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2007, 09:36:35 PM »
Just saw them at Coffey Sound in Hollywood a week ago.
Sennheiser 418s>SDMixPre-D>RO9HR
Beyer MC930>Fostex FM3>NagraSD
Couple of Schoeps CMT441 too.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2007, 09:53:27 PM »

I don't think anyone here is expecting to walk into their local Guitar Center and find these in stock, but even the major guys like Full Compass, B&H, and Sweetwater don't have these in stock and don't show them shipping until "the end of the year". It's understandable that some of these have made their way into the broadcast industry. I know for a fact that the accessories (and there are some really neat piano/podium/instrument mic'ing solutions for these mics) won't ship until after the new year. I'm excited for this line, but I guess I'll hold off until I can all the accessories that I want.

But theyre small enough that you could prolly run them almost like actives until they do come out tho, right? or are their pics that deceiving?

I have been HEAVILY thinking about this line, but I'll prolly wait til they pan out and hear some samples first. I have other things to focus on for now.....
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »
did you actually see them?  like could you have actually touched them?
or did you see they were in stock somehow?
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »

no mention of them on their website.

Offline George2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »
Yes, they had them on a desk hooked up to a SD MixPre with a pair of headphones. Really short mics. No need for active cables, just use regular XLRs. One was single in an aluminum box, the other was a pair in a box. The capsules do come off.... reallyreally short preamp.

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2007, 06:05:41 AM »
Yes, they had them on a desk hooked up to a SD MixPre with a pair of headphones. Really short mics. No need for active cables, just use regular XLRs. One was single in an aluminum box, the other was a pair in a box. The capsules do come off.... reallyreally short preamp.

if i am not mistaken, the "bottom half" of the mic isn't a preamp, it's simply the XLR connection.
the preamp lives in the capsule half of the mic....and that's why the cables that connect the two are "remote cables" and not "active cables".

Offline George2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
They're so small I see no need for even remote cables. Not made with lightweight materiel.. had a heft to them.

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2007, 10:46:10 PM »
yeah but using the
Mini clip   MZQ 8001   502329 

Miniature clamp, ideal if the microphone is used with a remote cable; 3/8” standard thread (microphone not included).

and the remote cables
   Remote cable 3 m   MZL 8003   502326 

Connects between the microphone head and the XLR module to make the microphone extremely unobtrusive (ideal for almost invisible use hanging from the ceiling); length: 3 m

one could make a sweet 110° ORTF Kwon Bar, fairly easy and it would be very slick!

:)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:59:59 PM by ArchivalAudio »
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2007, 01:05:23 AM »
Too bad there's no fig-8, no MS then? Or did I miss that capsule?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.174 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com