Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tskb: which CD-R's to use?  (Read 9656 times)

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
Re: tskb: which CD-R's to use?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 06:33:34 AM »
I use Taiyo Yuden exclusively. It's worth the extra few buck to me after seeing all the test results.

Ditto

same here.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »
Don't use CDRs much any longer, but I always used ones Made in Japan as I seemed to have better success with them.  If memory serves, not all TYs (or any brand for that matter) were MiJ, so getting the right ones required finding the CD-code to determine where they were manufactured.  Since this was difficult to do for store-bought, I always bought from mediasupply.com and other online sources that published their codes.

Edit to add:  Also, IME the poor quality CDRs didn't manifest in bad burns.  I could burn darn near any CDR without problems (except for some Maxell's).  The real problems came when I tried to read them 1 week, 1 month, 1 year later.  Unreadable.  I quickly learned the ability to burn successfully didn't indicate whether or not I was using a quality CDR.  YMMV.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 08:27:01 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline STRAWMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 09:14:59 AM »
Edit to add:  Also, IME the poor quality CDRs didn't manifest in bad burns.  I could burn darn near any CDR without problems (except for some Maxell's).  The real problems came when I tried to read them 1 week, 1 month, 1 year later.  Unreadable.  I quickly learned the ability to burn successfully didn't indicate whether or not I was using a quality CDR.  YMMV.

Concur.   I had no idea that I had a bad burner, because I wasn't verifying w/ Nero after I burnt, but I had a lot of problems w/ files I burnt missing chunks - as soon as I turned on Nero verification I found it, and realized I needed a new burner because nothing was passing verification.   This is extremely important for files where the data must match the meta file.

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »
I am on the TY team as well.  I get mine from:

http://www.american-digital.com/prodsite/category.asp?c=93
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.124 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com