Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: where would i find a replacement tabletop stand post..?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
where would i find a replacement tabletop stand post..?
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:46:47 AM »
so i have one of these desktop dealios from rat shack, but the post isnt long enough - i would like at least another six inches in height. what should i do..? the post is threaded at five-eights on both ends, my shockmount fits onto one, and the other end screws into the base...

thanks, in advance, for any advice.

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: where would i find a replacement tabletop stand post..?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »
A cheap solution:  get a 5/8" Hex Nut, the long type (Barrel Nut ?), connect to business end leaving about 1/2" of room, and a threaded 5/8" rod, cut to size. Connect the rod to the other end of the barrel nut. Shrink tubing over the threaded rod to make it look nice, leaving enough 5/8" threads to connect the shock mount, etc.

/Ken
retired

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »
If you want to keep it 5/8-27, go to your local music store/GuitarCenter etc and get a goose-neck extension in the length closest to what you want. As long as you don't get a 30" extension and use a couple of LD mics on a Shure vert bar you shouldn't have any balance problems.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »
see, actually, i was using the shock mount and the c422, but the mic + cable is taller than the stand post is...

i am really looking for a solid bar that is just a bit longer. i will swing by anwalt lumber tomorrow - they should be able to hook me up...

i will post the results...

+Ts all 'round for the input - i really appreciate it.

-macdaddy ++

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:44:17 PM »
well, i went to pacific radio (on labrea, just south of santa monica), and they had a tabletop stand that had an extension in it, so for $20, i bought it. i will be using it tonight for the first time...

now i just need a floor stand like tj's, and i am all set... guitar center only had the boom style, and they did not have the knob with the 5/8 on top. where can i get one of those (something to slip over the knob on the stand, and has a 5/8 threaded post on the top)..?

+t's all 'round.
-macdaddy ++

Offline KenH

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
A cheap solution:  get a 5/8" Hex Nut, the long type (Barrel Nut ?), connect to business end leaving about 1/2" of room, and a threaded 5/8" rod, cut to size. Connect the rod to the other end of the barrel nut. Shrink tubing over the threaded rod to make it look nice, leaving enough 5/8" threads to connect the shock mount, etc.

/Ken

moke had it right, I meant to say 3/8" Hex Nut and threaded rod...

/Ken
retired

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.147 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com