Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack II just stops  (Read 1544 times)

Offline pepperman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microtrack II just stops
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »
This is the 2nd time that this has happened, I am recording from the soundboard with electric power and I recorded the 1st act with no problem and when I started the 2nd recording and once I verified that it was rolling I walked away..... when I came back near the end of the set the unit had stopped and would not move and I had to power down to get it to do anything and of course there was no file. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Stuart

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Microtrack II just stops
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »
is your firmware up to date?

when you say "soundboard with electric power" - what do you mean, that the MT is using AC power? 
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »
Yes, this happened to me twice as well. One of those times I was monitoring over headphones and was sitting where I couldn't see that the counter had stopped after only a few minutes of recording. The recorder continued to feed signal to its headphone output for about an hour after it stopped recording. When the lights came back up I found out that I didn't have a recording, and I also had a very difficult time getting it to power down.

After that experience I put the unit away for good; along with its other well-known problems, I consider it to be a nice concept but a failure as an actual product.
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline nicegrin

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33:45 PM »
To start with, Update the firmware to the latest version! The file/s might also be possible to recover. HereĀ“s  a guide:

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?2066-Recover-Record-File-after-power-shut-down

Good luck!

/N
Toy Box:

MICS:

Omnis:  6xNevaton MCE400s, Countryman b3s (modded), MM HLSOs (4.7K mod), Aevox in ear MK2s, CA-11s
Cards:   Schoeps MK4s with Schoeps CMRS, Milab VM-44 Links, SP CMC-8,  AT853, Sennheiser MKE 104, MM HLSC-1s, ECM-717
Hypers: AKG CK93s (modded), SP CMC-8, AT853, Audix 1280s (Church actives).

INBETWEEN: Naiant Tinybox (CMR mod), Naiant Tinybox (p48 mod), Naiant PFA, CA-9100, CA Ugly, Denecke PS-2 mini, MM-MBM, MM-CBM, SP SPSB-8, custom nuetrik XLR to TRS cables, 5 pin to 5 pin extension cable. 

DECKS: A10, M10, R05, Tascam DR-05, R09-HR , MT2, Sharp MS-H702, MZ-R 70.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com