Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NEW: Tascam DR-100mkii  (Read 15751 times)

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: NEW: Tascam DR-100mkii
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »
Steve, Def hope you go to Brothers Past and tape, especially the opener, Existor. They are friends of mine and are great. I'm going to Panic as are a few other area tapers, and there is also DBT in DC and Stringdusters in C'ville, so not many of us left to tape the Canal Club. Add to your calendar Indecision on Dec 22nd and Keller Williams on the 29th, both at the National Theater. Hope to see you at one of those.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »
Steve, Def hope you go to Brothers Past and tape, especially the opener, Existor. They are friends of mine and are great. I'm going to Panic as are a few other area tapers, and there is also DBT in DC and Stringdusters in C'ville, so not many of us left to tape the Canal Club. Add to your calendar Indecision on Dec 22nd and Keller Williams on the 29th, both at the National Theater. Hope to see you at one of those.

The keller set is likely.  By this time I'm going to seriously need some time away from the fam, so Keller will probably sound like a rock star to me that night.  I'm waiting for the right moment to discuss the possibility of going out on NYE and that moment hasn't come yet.  I'm thinking that will be right after I do something terrific in the husband category.

Offline aleal5687

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
I sent a email regarding if dual recording would be a possibility on the new dr100mkII.

I do not know of any firmware updates that will make dual recording possible but I will put in the suggestion for you.

Thank you for your interest in Teac/Tascam products. If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 323-727-7617 or e-mail us at Custser@teac.com

Mics:CA11,CA14,AKG ck91(Homebrew active)
Pre/power: Ca Ugly, Oade mod sbm1,sp battery box,MT mic power
Recorder:R9HR,MT 24/96,Iriver ihp110(16gb cfmod)

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • recordings
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
damnit, I sold my 661 trying to get out of taping. now this thing pops up.....crap.

:-X
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »
Not to muddy up Steve's review, I'll post my question here. A bit-bucket is generally wanted if you already have nice gear (V3) upstream. Although the sound of my T+mod UA-5 is nice, it is actually worth less on the open market than this new recorder. The sound of the DR-100mkii, and/or phantom output, would have to be audibly subpar to go to the trouble of running the UA-5 in front. If this unit has true p48, and the preamps are not terribly noisy when turned up, the digi-in may turn out to be superfluous for all the noise we tapers make about it. Still curious to hear whether the Tascam will accept a UA-5 digi-in signal and whether stock recordings are so poor that an external preamp is required.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline jbou

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
Tascam seems to be putting out so many new recorders... Looking at the DR-100mkII and the DR-40 that both have recently come out. Is the DR-40 supposed to be a more consumer level product while the DR-100mkII is supposed to be a more "professional" level product?

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2011, 08:08:47 AM »
Tascam seems to be putting out so many new recorders... Looking at the DR-100mkII and the DR-40 that both have recently come out. Is the DR-40 supposed to be a more consumer level product while the DR-100mkII is supposed to be a more "professional" level product?

DR-40 is 4 track. But it seems the DR100mkii may have overdubbing facility [manual, p.34]:

"Recording playback and input sounds together (overdubbing)
When an audio file is playing back, you can record the playback sound together with the input sound. This creates a new file and does not overwrite the playback file."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:14:08 AM by dogmusic »
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:31 AM »
Anyone in Canada looking to buy this unit, I got mine delivered from DV Shop in Toronto (no affiliation) for $330.00.

Sale Price was $319.00 CAD + $11.00 Expedited Shipping by Canada Post.

Plus 13% HST of course.   >:( ( Gotta pay for that health care....)

http://www.dvshop.ca/audio/recorderstascam.html

Deal goes until Dec. 23rd.

Most other Canadian retailers, if they have them in stock, are closer to the $400 mark -- and over.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com