Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update  (Read 30531 times)

Offline tonyvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« on: June 01, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
I have been sitting here and biting my tongue as this thread has progressed but feel that I cannot keep quiet on this any longer.
I have always felt that retailers should remain as unobtrusive as possible on public forums but I guess I have to cross the line this time.

I find it hard to believe that some members of TS are talking smack about Doug Oade and hope that you are joking. Some of you might not know that Doug was a pioneer in early  digital recording and should be shown respect by the taper community. His own unique modifications and products including the Oade cable and Oade pre-amps have helped push our little hobby of field recording forward in many ways.

I am also an M-Audio dealer and have spoken to our rep several times about the availability of the new flash recorder since it was first leaked here on this forum. I have got to let you know that our rep had very limited information about this unit last week when I spoke with him and he did not have any pricing info or a shipping ETA. Late in the week I received an updated dealer price list from M-Audio and there was no mention of the flash recorder and there is still no info on their website as of this morning.

Think about it for a minute. When was the last time that an audio/electronics company didn't promote a product before shipping it? 

I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 03:54:10 PM »
I have been sitting here and biting my tongue as this thread has progressed but feel that I cannot keep quiet on this any longer.
I have always felt that retailers should remain as unobtrusive as possible on public forums but I guess I have to cross the line this time.

I find it hard to believe that some members of TS are talking smack about Doug Oade and hope that you are joking.

Yup, joking:

wayne.....i'm pretty sure that was a joke ;)

Most folks here have the utmost respect for Doug and his whole operation and have a keen recognition of all he's done (and continues to do) for our hobby.

As for whether the M-Audio unit is vaporware, we'll all find out soon enough.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »

I find it hard to believe that some members of TS are talking smack about Doug Oade and hope that you are joking.

Yup, joking:

wayne.....i'm pretty sure that was a joke ;)

Most folks here have the utmost respect for Doug and his whole operation and have a keen recognition of all he's done (and continues to do) for our hobby.

As for whether the M-Audio unit is vaporware, we'll all find out soon enough.

Yup, joking ...

Another yup for respect ...

And yet another yup for vaporware ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 04:33:22 PM »
bummer....hope it makes it out some day...
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 10:27:19 AM »
So the moral of the story is we have no real idea what the heck is going on, and only an announcement from M-Audio will clear that up. 
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 10:39:34 AM »
Agreed. I will let you guys know if I hear something from our M-Audio rep.

I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 02:34:28 PM »
Good news!

The new M-Audio recorder is officially going to be called Micro Track and is scheduled to start shipping in mid August.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 02:41:47 PM »
This is honestly the exact information that I received. I didn't get any specs other than the list price was $499.95
and map was $399.00. I will write in again when I receive some specs.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 02:44:03 PM »
Timeline has changed a bit in the last week. In the other thread, someone had posted it would be the first or second week in July, and that his retailer friend already had one in hand (I think that's what it said). Now we're talking mid August?
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
Re: Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
Timeline has changed a bit in the last week. In the other thread, someone had posted it would be the first or second week in July, and that his retailer friend already had one in hand (I think that's what it said). Now we're talking mid August?

I don't remember reading someone actually had one in hand...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 02:56:08 PM »
i don't remember the one in hand either.  however, this sounds like its really happening.

i'm excited.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 03:11:03 PM »
i don't remember the one in hand either.  however, this sounds like its really happening.

i'm excited.

here ya go:

M-Audio Part number US48010

Shipping to them end of June, but they'll be closed for two weeks, so they'll ship out mid-July.  $499 retail, street price $399.

Dealer friend just got this from M-Audio.

Jeff
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 03:15:45 PM »

i'm excited.

here ya go:

M-Audio Part number US48010

Shipping to them end of June, but they'll be closed for two weeks, so they'll ship out mid-July.  $499 retail, street price $399.

Dealer friend just got this from M-Audio.

Jeff

Hey!  I said he got a part number, NOT that he got a machine.  I'll have to write more carefully I guess.

Jeff

Offline tonyvt

• Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 03:20:17 PM »
For what it is worth the new part number for the Micro Track is #9900-40773-00.
M-Audio will be updating their systems during July and will not be shipping for a few weeks.
I wouldn't expect to see it until mid August.
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 03:27:57 PM »

Hey!  I said he got a part number, NOT that he got a machine.  I'll have to write more carefully I guess.

Jeff

Or I need to learn to read. I was reading it has he got HIS from m-audio, not he got THIS from.... Oh well.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.114 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com