Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MicroTrack 24/96 Beta 1.2.0  (Read 47544 times)

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: MicroTrack 24/96 Beta 1.2.0 / Reset options
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:08 PM »
The force reset information reported from M-Audio technical support is not quite accurate.  There are two different things here, there's a force power off which as most of you know is holding the power button down for an extended period (about 12 seconds). Then there's a Special Recovery mode which is intended to get the unit booted if the internal firmware/operating system were to ever become corrupted. This is done by applying power to the MicroTrack while holding in the menu button. You will then go to a screen that asks you to insert a rescue disk (in reality you should have already had the rescue disk inserted before you powered on). A 'rescue disk' is any fat32 formatted media with a set of firmware files on it.  The MicroTrack will then attempt to load the firmware / operating system directly off the card instead of out of internal memory.  You can then use the update firmware option in the menus to overwrite the corrupted internal firmware with a fresh copy from the card. Then when the unit reboots hopefully all should be well.

J.T.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:26:22 PM by jtessier »

Offline musicsherlock

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Team Upstate New York
Re: MicroTrack 24/96 Beta 1.2.0
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2005, 08:03:03 PM »
perhaps it's a good thing to keep the various or latest firmware on a separate (the included) CF card...as I don't have an alternate reader besides the MT...

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »
The force reset information reported from M-Audio technical support is not quite accurate.  There are two different things here, there's a force power off which as most of you know is holding the power button down for an extended period (about 12 seconds). Then there's a Special Recovery mode which is intended to get the unit booted if the internal firmware/operating system were to ever become corrupted. This is done by applying power to the MicroTrack while holding in the menu button. You will then go to a screen that asks you to insert a rescue disk (in reality you should have already had the rescue disk inserted before you powered on). A 'rescue disk' is any fat32 formatted media with a set of firmware files on it.  The MicroTrack will then attempt to load the firmware / operating system directly off the card instead of out of internal memory.  You can then use the update firmware option in the menus to overwrite the corrupted internal firmware with a fresh copy from the card. Then when the unit reboots hopefully all should be well.

J.T.

I just tried the above (applying power/holding "Menu" - see my problem here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=55741.0) hoping it would work...and nothing happened. Still have no f**king clue what's wrong with mine.

I emailed M-Audio Tech Support explaining my issue, that for whatever reason the unit now appears to be completely dead. They responded that I needed to update the firmware...

HELLO??? Try and make it a little more obvious you didn't read a single word of my email. How can I update the firmware (which had already been done) when the damn thing won't even power up!
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline chitaper

• Taperssection Regular
  • Taper. Skeptic.
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2005, 08:58:12 PM »
perhaps it's a good thing to keep the various or latest firmware on a separate (the included) CF card...as I don't have an alternate reader besides the MT...
There are many CF card readers for less than $10.

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2005, 11:04:20 PM »

J.T.

I just tried the above (applying power/holding "Menu" - see my problem here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=55741.0) hoping it would work...and nothing happened. Still have no f**king clue what's wrong with mine.

I emailed M-Audio Tech Support explaining my issue, that for whatever reason the unit now appears to be completely dead. They responded that I needed to update the firmware...

HELLO??? Try and make it a little more obvious you didn't read a single word of my email. How can I update the firmware (which had already been done) when the damn thing won't even power up!

There are some phone numbers in the back of the manual. Call their offices and get someone on the phone to help you. ;)

I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2005, 11:34:36 AM »
You can also try the two different reset procedures available for the MicroTrack. First, hold down power and delete for a few seconds and the Microtrack should turn itself off. Then turn the Microtrack back on (whether it will boot up all the way or not) and hold power and menu down for a few seconds until it turns off the unit. Boot up Microtrack and it should work.

For what its worth, I tried that, and it still didn't fix the micro drive problem

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2005, 10:13:40 PM »
Anyone heard a tentative release date on the next firmware update?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2005, 10:16:50 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm still waiting (5 days) to get info to return my Microtrack to M-Audio.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2005, 10:23:23 PM »

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm still waiting (5 days) to get info to return my Microtrack to M-Audio.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Nick.  Didn't you have a couple successful runs with the MT?

I want to make the 24 bit jump, but haven't decided which way to leap yet  ;)
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2005, 10:28:04 PM »
I dunno, I have faith that there'll be another one coming up soon.  I just hope they fix the 2gb problem by February because I have shows then that the 24bit/2gb thing will definitely come up as an issue.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2005, 10:30:58 PM »
I really want to run 24 bit by 1/21 so I can record the Los Lobos acoustic show.  My playback doesn't support it, but it would be nice to have the recording for future playback.  Can't wait for the show!  It's in an old theater built in 1934 that only holds 535 people  :o

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2005, 10:33:20 PM »
I can see where doing the split without any sample drop outs is difficult and maybe it will take some time.

But it should be pretty easy for them to give us dual mono recording and it would be a huge improvement.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2005, 10:50:18 PM »

They released 1.2.3 today. 
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2005, 10:52:21 PM »
Thanks John.  +T    I just saw that after my post.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=56163.0

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2005, 11:05:41 PM »
badass!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com