Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony m100 usb port  (Read 1583 times)

Offline ironbut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Sony m100 usb port
« on: May 29, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »
I've got a Sony Mz M100 and was wondering if anyone has tried connecting any inputs other than their computer to the usb port. I figure if you can download music from your computer to the minidisc for just listening, that you should be able to connect a adc or any digital device that has a usb out (M audio transit etc) and a mic to it. BTW you Himd users, there's a guy on Ebay the sells 1G sony discs for less than $5 if you buy 5 at a time. I've bought from them a few times and been very pleased. They get here in just 3-4 days. I think his store name is Accessories For Less.

Offline dunebug81

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Sony m100 usb port
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »
Hooking up another device to the usb port wont get you anywhere because sonic stage has to interface with the MD to create the music files.  Had sony made the MD with drag and drop then it might work.  You cant even run external power via the USB port on the M100.  Now the new RH1 that is out only can be externally powered with the USB port which is cool because that opens up some options for a battery pack with some super long life. 
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline ironbut

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 12:16:18 AM »
Yeah that makes sense. But, I am able to run power through the usb port.

Offline dunebug81

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 01:00:07 AM »
So you can play / record with a power pack (or something) connected to the usb port?  I have nothing to try that out with but thats good to know just incase i lose my AA battery case.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com