Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bubble wrap + peli foam  (Read 2034 times)

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
bubble wrap + peli foam
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:36 PM »
got a pelican case today in the mail, got the mics in it and when i tip the case upside down i can hear the mics tapping the roof/lid.  i was thinking about putting a small roll, sharpie marker thickness, of bubble wrap in there to hold the mics firmly in place.  do you think the plastic/foam will have cause a static discharge or something bad?  i remember seeing that post about the peli foam shocking the mics, would introducing plastic to it make a charge or set me up for frusteration?

thanks
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
Re: bubble wrap + peli foam
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:23:49 PM »
got a pelican case today in the mail, got the mics in it and when i tip the case upside down i can hear the mics tapping the roof/lid.  i was thinking about putting a small roll, sharpie marker thickness, of bubble wrap in there to hold the mics firmly in place.  do you think the plastic/foam will have cause a static discharge or something bad?  i remember seeing that post about the peli foam shocking the mics, would introducing plastic to it make a charge or set me up for frusteration?

thanks

Did you cut out foam?  Reattach to lid with superglue.....
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »

thanks

Did you cut out foam?  Reattach to lid with superglue.....

and why didn't i think of that, must have been to excited to get going on it.  great idea +t
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
Super glue is funky stuff.. don't know if the fumes would be good in that enclosed space?  Maybe a hot glue would be less reactive after curing?

yea I wouldn't use CA glue either.  If you have some elmers around and can let it sit for a few days that would work if you don't have hot glue.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.217 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com