Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new rig questions...  (Read 1600 times)

Offline blowaway

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
new rig questions...
« on: October 17, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
hey all i finally have my first rig set up for hopefully taping a decent recording...i have a sony mz-r37 MD with sp-bmc-2 mics and a sp-spsb-1 batt box...im just wondering if anyone can give me suggestions what bass roll-off freq. i should use when recording loud shows...my choices are 16/69/95/107/160/195/888Hz...also how do i run everything with the mics and batt box into the batt box..do i use mic in or do i use line in..any help would be great! thannks a bunch!

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: new rig questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:16:31 PM »
I have that same minidisc.  Make sure to secure your cord to the deck itself if you ever wind up running  MIC in.  The jack is fairly prone to cause static due to plug-in power.....  I think the manual for this deck is posted online also.

nameloc01

Re: new rig questions...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
Do not use mic in with loud shows, it will not be able to take it..use the line in jack. I dont really use r/o anymore..but when i did i found 195hz was nice to my ears. You may like another setting..try a few settings at home in front of the stereo ( volume up obviously) just make sure you run line in not mic in. Also at the show set your levels manually..dont ever use the auto function. Theres alot of things to do/not do...look ouer some of the other threads.    gd lk 2 u.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com