Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mics preamps battery boxes  (Read 2170 times)

Offline ziggy bradshaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
mics preamps battery boxes
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:04 PM »
ive just aqquired a micro track 24/96 when i use it to record a band using church audio cafs and battery box through the 1-8 socket it is immposibleto control the record levels would the 10 db pad cure this or is there a fault on the recorder .when i use the same mics and battery box on my sony d8 dat on the line in or the mic socket i have no problems . can anybody help me with this issue

Offline Giant_Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: mics preamps battery boxes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:07:02 AM »
Try to set the input volume on your MicroTrack; do you use line in or mic in? You should use the line in..

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: mics preamps battery boxes
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
It is well known that the 1/8 jacks on the MT2496 need a pad. There were lots of aftersale items available to allow 1/8->1/4 conversion. The problem does not exist with the 1/4 trs jacks. This is very different than the MT2 which seems to favor the 1/8 jacks. I have used the mt2496 since it first came out and I always just go through the 1/4 jacks. I do have a (1/8) 10db pad, but from MT, but have never messed with  it. There is no clicking noise when using the 1/4 jacks as has been a problem on the MT2. Balanced or unbalanced does not seem to have any effect on the sound. the L/M/H will depend on your mics. For instance if I use my AT 853, I am usually on "L" and if I use my Church mics it is ususlly "M" or "H". These stand for Low Medium and High although some think it is line and mic and ??. It is not per the manual and hours of recording. I hope this helps!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:00:10 PM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com