Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO> Deneke rig comments  (Read 9553 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re:MBHO> Deneke rig comments
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2003, 04:26:53 PM »
A high pass filter is almost necessary (not preferable, but necessary) to keep the pre from bricking at shows.
It can't be tooooooo difficult to bypass the AD-20 pre stage, can it?

You don't need a HPF for the AD-20; you do need some sort of attenuation that can give you like -20db or -30db.

You cannot bypass the preamp stage.  Denecke offers a -17db attenuation cable that negates the "minimum" gain in the preamp (it goes from like 17 to 65), but you are just using an attenuator cable then.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2003, 04:32:34 PM »
An HPF attenuates those low frequencies to prevent the pre overloading from those frequencies. Know what I'm sayin'? Use an HPF in front of the preamp... this is in addition to the usual attenuation. 15 - 20 dB has worked fine for me.
And why exactly can't we bypass the preamp stage?

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2003, 04:52:57 PM »
Yes, a HPF will provide attenuation, but only at the lower frequencies.  If you want smooth, across the board attenuation, a cable or the Shure connectors will do.

I have no idea why one can't bypass the preamp stage, but I called around once to see if anybody could do it and it basically wasn't worth their time to figure it out.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2003, 04:58:39 PM »
Yes, a HPF will provide attenuation, but only at the lower frequencies.  If you want smooth, across the board attenuation, a cable or the Shure connectors will do.

Precisely.

I have no idea why one can't bypass the preamp stage, but I called around once to see if anybody could do it and it basically wasn't worth their time to figure it out.

That's kinda too bad. Is there any Mr. Cool Guy around here willing/able to do figure it out?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com