Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR100mkii Question  (Read 2141 times)

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Tascam DR100mkii Question
« on: June 23, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
I did ask this on the last page of the review about 4 or 5 days back but since nobody's had anything to say, I figured I'd ask the following on its own:

I'm looking at having two mic setups available.  I have an M10 and will have an option of running either setup to the M10 when I have to be somewhat discreen.   When I can run open, I would like the option of having one deck that would do what I need it to do (allowing me to run both mic sources or a board feed via XLR if need be with the same clock timings).  The gear I'm looking at running is:

CARDS: (some form of actives) MBHO KA200N's > active cable (mini XLRs) > Tinybox > 1/8"

OMNIS: Countryman B3's > Naint PFA > XLR  (also will have a battery box available for ultra low-pro)

I already have an M10 which would work well in low-pro situations with either option but I would like to have something that would allow me to record both sources at once.  Would the DR100mkII be what I'm looking for?  Are there any other solid options?

Thanks.

Offline JrF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam DR100mkii Question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »
the DR100mkll is only a 2 track recorder so you can only record with 2 mics at one (either into the xlr, either of the 2 sets of internals etc). If you need a 4 track recorder the Tascam DR-40 does that but I haven't used one myself so....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.133 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com