Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio Microtrack 2496 FAQ  (Read 16154 times)

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
M-Audio Microtrack 2496 FAQ
« on: November 05, 2005, 04:01:33 PM »
disclaimer: I am trying my hardest to keep up with all of the changes around this piece of gear.  Please let me know what to add (both Q & A would be helpful).

M-Audio Microtrack 2496 (MT2496) FAQ v0.1.7

I. General information

[000] I don’t know much about recorders, where do I start?

Before you go any further, please go here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?board=46.0

[010] What is the MT2496?

The user guide is available here, please read this before proceeding.
http://www.taperssection.com/reference/pdf/Manual_MAudioMicroTrack2496.pdf

[011] How big is the MT2496?
[012] What formats and sample rate can it record?
[020] How much does this thing cost, and what does it come with; where are the best deals?
[030] What are its advantages/disadvantages, relative to other recorders?

II. Storage media

[040] How big a compact flash card do I need to buy?
[041]  I heard that there is a 2 GB file limit.  How do I work around that? Is that going to be fixed?
[050] How fast does the compact flash card need to be?
[060] I want to record a festival and CF cards are expensive.  Is there an affordable, tested solution so I can dump the files and keep recording all day long?
[061] I get an error when I try to transfer files over to my PC from the media.  It tells me that my card is not properly formatted or that my files are corrupt.  What is going on?

III. Functionality

[070] How do I operate this thing?
[080] I have to restart the recorder when I put in a fresh compact flash card; why is that and are they going to fix it?
[090] Can I run my mics or the soundboard directly into my MT-2496?
[100] What input is best to use, as this thing gives me too many options?
[110] Does this device really provide 48V phantom power?
[120] Should I use an external pre-amplifier?
[130] Should I use an external ADC?
[140] What sort of self-noise is there when using the internal pre-amp and ADC?
[150] Will the self-noise impact concert recordings?
[160] Is the electret microphone that is supplied with the device any good?
[170] Will the mic-in take a 1/8” line-level signal?
[180] Are there any post-production modifications available that will improve performance of the MT2496?
[190] Does the S/PDIF input work for 16 and 24 bit recordings, and at what sampling rates?
[191] When recording at 24 bits, my MT2496 shuts off early or cannot record for as long as i thought it would. What is wrong?
[192]  My MT sometimes locks up when I try to start or stop a recording.  What's going on?
[193]  My MT2496 re-set the recording configuration.  What happened?!?
[200] The level meters do not appear to work properly when recording with S/PDIF, what is going on?
[201] The level meters constantly show clipping with analog inputs.  What is going on?
[202] What is wrong with the L/M/H switch?  It seems backwards or it doesn't seem to do much.
[210] I seem to be getting some intermittent channel swapping with S/PDIF recordings, what is going on and will this be fixed?
[220] I want to use this as a “bit-dump,” is it bit-perfect when fed a digital signal?
[230] My computer doesn’t recognize the MT2496 when I plug it in, what do I do?
[240] Do I have to transfer to a computer, or can I use a different device to dump my recordings?
[250] Will Macintosh computers recognize the recorder?
[260] Does the headphone amp work when I am using the digital input? How about analog input?
[270] I get a message “WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk” when I open MT2496 files in CDwave or when I go to FLAC the files.  Is this a problem?  Am I losing part of my recording?

IV. Power

[280] Does it take regular batteries?
[290] How do I charge this thing?
[300] How long does the internal battery last when recording?
[310] The first time I charged it, it stopped charging after a short period of time, and when I plugged it back in, it went back to charging.  Is there something wrong?
[311] Can I replace the battery myself if it goes bad?
[320] Is there an external battery / power source that can be used to power the MT2496?
[330] Does using the phantom power or electret power (mic-in) impact the run time?

VI. Support, bug reporting, and planned upgrades

[340] What is the latest firmware?
[341] What does the new firmware fix from the old version, what is added?
[350] How do I know what firmware I have?
[360] How do I upgrade the firmware?
[370] Has M-Audio taken an active role in addressing issues that people have had?
[380] What are the future plans for upgrades?
[390] How can I contact M-Audio to inform them about issues I have with my MT2496?
[400] Are there other resources for me to discuss problems or issues about my MT2496?

This information has been pulled from various threads on taperssection.com and by viewers like you.

[010] What is the MT2496?

From M-Audio’s website:

The MicroTrack is a rugged high-fidelity mobile 2-channel digital recorder that records WAV and MP3 files to CompactFlash or microdrives—perfect for everything from professional field recording to corporate meetings, training, education and worship. Record via balanced line inputs or built-in high-fidelity microphone preamps complete with phantom power for studio-quality microphones. Connect MicroTrack to a PC or Mac via USB and simply drag and drop recordings to your computer for immediate editing or Web posting. Power derives from a lithium-ion battery, and the unit can recharge via the computer’s USB connection or USB power adapter. The MicroTrack combines quality beyond that of DAT recording with the convenience and cost-effectiveness of personal digital recorders for the ultimate solution in mobile recording.

[011] How big is the MT2496?
Width:61mm or 2.4”
Height:109.5mm or 4.3”
Thickness:28.5mm or 1.12” over the LCD.
Weight:4.9oz or 138.9 grams without CF card; 5.2oz or 147.4 grams with CF card

[012] What sample rates and formats can it record?

MP3 recording:96 to 320kbps at 32, 44.1 or 48kHz
PCM recording:16 or 24-bit at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kHz

Apparently, the 24 bit, 96 Khz S/PDIF input does not work properly.
In fact, the MT2496 functions properly at 24 bit, 48 khz at present time.
This is an issue that M-Audio says that they will address with future firmware updates.

NOTE: The 24 bit encoding *does* work with analog inputs, not the digital input.

[020] How much does this thing cost, and what does it come with; where are the best deals?

The suggested retail price is 499.95 US dollars.  The “street price” appears to be 399 US dollars.  There have been reports of much better prices from people buying them at various online dealers.  The best prices I have heard about have been from Guitar Center, using someone else’s receipt, as shown in this thread: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51854.0
It comes with a USB cable, an AC/DC converter for USB cable, a 64 MB CF card, an electret stereo microphone, a set of cheap headphones, and the MT2496 itself.

[030] What are its advantages/disadvantages, relative to other recorders?

This can be a subjective topic, as there are all sorts of opinions about what makes certain devices good/bad/otherwise.

MT2496 vs. DAT
Pro:
No moving parts, no capacity to have tapes eaten by recorder
1 time media investment, opposed to continued media investment
24-bit, 96 khz recording with analog input, 24/96 potential with digital input

Cons
Long-term reliability unknown
Initial investment in CF cards is almost as much as recorder

MT2496 vs. JB3
Pros:
New product, better continued support
24-bit, 96 khz recording potential
Smaller, lighter
Does not require proprietary software to connect to PC
Coaxial S/PDIF input as opposed to optical means better compatibility with many ADCs

Cons:
Removable media is more expensive
Less proven/test
Un-removable batteries.

MT2496 vs other solid-state recorders
Pros
Much less expensive
Small

Cons
Compact Flash cards and microdrives are more expensive than bigger conventional HDDs, gig for gig.
Does not supply 48V phantom power – making it less of an all-in-one box than most others (PDM-660/671, SD-7XX, etc)

[040] How big a compact flash card do I need to buy?

This depends on how long you plan to record for and what bit-rate and sample rate you are using.  A 4 GB card will hold enough data to record a 1 h set and a 1.5 hour set, recording in 24/96, which seems to be the standard rock and roll show these days.   There have been numerous discussions about the sample rate/bit rate and file sizes on taperssection.com.

Follow this link for a table on this subject: http://24bit.turtleside.com/pcm.wav.file.sizes.pdf

[041]  I heard that there is a 2 GB file limit.  How do I work around that? Is that going to be fixed?

This is true.  To work around this, most people will just start a new recording before the time limit is up.  If you don’t do this, the recorder will just save the file and stop recording.  This may be an issue that M-Audio can fix with a firmware upgrade, but it does not seem like a high priority issue to them at present.

A 40-45X card or faster is needed.  A list of “approved cards” is on the M-Audio website

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-focus.html

*Tested and approved CF cards for the MicroTrack:

Hitachi Microdrive 2GB, 4GB, 6GB
Seagate 5GB drive ("microdrive" type)
Transcend 4GB CF, 45x
Corsair 4GB CF (47-00057)
Lexar 1GB CF Professional 80x
SanDisk 1GB CF
JAMedia 1GB CF
Toshiba 512MB CF
JAMedia 256MB CF
SimpleTech 128MB CF
Kodak 64MB CF

Kingston Elite Series

CF/1024-S 1 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (50x)
CF/2GB-S 2 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (50x)
CF/4GB-S 4 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (45x)

Kingston Standard Series

CF/128 128MB Compact Flash Card
CF/256 256MB Compact Flash Card
CF/512 512MB Compact Flash Card
CF/1024 1024MB Compact Flash Card

Kingston Elite Series

CF/1024-S 1 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (50x)
CF/2GB-S 2 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (50x)
CF/4GB-S 4 GB Compact Flash Card (SLC) (45x)

Kingston Standard Series

CF/128 128MB Compact Flash Card
CF/256 256MB Compact Flash Card
CF/512 512MB Compact Flash Card
CF/1024 1024MB Compact Flash Card

[060] I want to record a festival and CF cards are expensive.  Is there an affordable, tested solution so I can dump the files and keep recording all day long?

You can always bring along a laptop, provided you buy a couple of CF cards.  Most solutions are going to require more than a single CF card, in fact.  There are many battery-powered “on the go” drives that you can purchase.

[061] I get an error when I try to transfer files over to my PC from the media.  It tells me that my card is not properly formatted or that my files are corrupt.  What is going on?

There is something about FAT32 formatting that makes for this error to occur.  A resolution to this is posted in the following thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=53423.0

[070] How do I operate this thing?

This involves various topics including: charging, set-up, recording, and transferring.

note: Please see the users manual for details with operations, it does a very good job of describing how to operate this device.

[080] I have to restart the recorder when I put in a fresh compact flash card; why is that and are they going to fix it?

This is the case, and for now, there is no work-around.   They may be able to fix this, but it is doubtful that they will.  To many this is not a big deal.

[090] Can I run my mics or the soundboard directly into my MT-2496?

Yes, you can do either one, provided the source has the right amount of signal.  Some microphone based sources are going to be too “hot,” and some are not going to have enough signal to get around the fairly high signal-to-noise ratio inherent in this device.  See the answer below for specifics about which input to use for different sources.

[100] What input is best to use, as this thing gives me too many options?

This depends on the source you are using.  For small, electret microphones, it may be best to use the 1/8" Mic Input.  For line-level inputs, it may be best to use to 2 stereo ¼ inch jacks without phantom power.  For condenser microphones, it may be OK to use the phantom power, even though it only puts out 30V of power.  If either your microphones will be damaged by using less than 48v phantom power or if you want a cleaner sound than the preamps inside provide, you should use an outboard preamp or an outboard preamp and ADC, and use the S/PDIF.   There are problems with monitoring S/PDIF recordings right now, but if you have decent level meters on another device, this won’t matter.

The specifications for each input are listed on the M-Audio website.

[110] Does this device really provide 48V phantom power?

This has ended up being a real bugaboo for a lot of people.  It appears that the unit only supplies 30V of phantom power.
There is an FAQ about this on the M-Audio website, here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=7fb377f3ef962038a26bc5c2291bafc1

[120] Should I use an external pre-amplifier?

If your microphones require 48 V phantom power or if you are not getting a good signal to noise ratio, it is recommended that you use an external microphone preamplifier.

[130] Should I use an external ADC?

This depends on the quality of the external ADC and what the sound you like.  You could run line-level in via ¼” inputs and see if it sounds OK.  If you like it, you can take that free-standing ADC out of your bag.  IME, ADCs in recorders will come nowhere close to performance of ones made by manufactures such as Grace designs, Benchmark, Apogee, or even Sony.

[140] What sort of self-noise is there when using the internal pre-amp and ADC?

There appears to be quite a bit of noise inherent in this unit.  There is enough that some people that record quiet things, such as nature sounds think that this unit is useless.  When compared to other consumer products, it is has no more noise than the JB3 does, but, to my knowledge, extensive testing has not not been performed.  DAT decks like the M-1 and DAP1 are likely to have less self-noise than this unit.

[150] Will the self-noise impact concert recordings?

It depends on the volume in the concert hall.  If it is quiet, acoustic, unamplified music, it may have a great impact.  For many rock-and-roll concerts, or most amplified events, the amount of signal should be able to mask the self-noise sufficiently that it is relatively inaudible.

[160] Is the electret microphone that is supplied with the device any good?

Are any of them any good?

[170] Will the mic-in take a 1/8” line-level signal?

It will, but it requires very little signal, as it amplifies the signal coming in through that path.  Chances are, the ¼”  inputs are more suitable for almost every line-level type of recording.

[180] Are there any post-production modifications available that will improve performance of the MT2496?

The Oades are doing a mod that modifies the "mic in" 1/8" input.  The is information here and at oade.com.

[190] Does the S/PDIF input work for 16 and 24 bit recordings, and at what sampling rates?

The S/PDIF appears to work at 16 and 24 bits for 44.1, 48.  There is a promise for higher sample rates at 24 bits, but not until there is a new firmware release.

[191] When recording at 24 bits, my MT2496 shuts off early or cannot record for as long as i thought it would. What is wrong?

Brian Skalinder has reported various tests in regard to this matter... please refer to his response in the following thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=53572.0

[192]  My MT2496 sometimes locks up when I try to start or stop a recording.  What's going on?

It appears the MT2496 is sensitive to its start-up and file-stop conditions.  If the MT2496 is not receiving a live S/PDIF signal when powering up or stopping a recording, the MT2496 will sometimes freeze, i.e. lock up.  The only resolution to the freeze seems to be a re-set (hold down the power button until it powers off, then start over again).  Workaround:  ensure your MT2496 is receiving a live S/PDIF signal before powering on or stopping a recording.

[193]  My MT2496 re-set the recording configuration.  What happened?!?

A small number of reports indicates the MT2496 will occasionally re-set the recording configuration, e.g. reverting to its original Record configuration of analog (1/8") input after users have set the MT2496 for S/PDIF input.  So far, the record config re-set has proven non-repeatable, which means it's difficult to identify the cause and/or a workaround.  Safe bet:  ensure your recording preferences are set properly before starting a recording.

[200] The level meters do not appear to work properly when recording with S/PDIF, what is going on?

With the S/PDIF, the level meters do not work, or are very irregular in how they function.  M-Audio is aware of the problem and they have said this will be addressed with the next firmware upgrade.

[201] The level meters constantly show clipping with analog inputs.  What is going on?

It may be that the line signals are too hot.  It could mean that you need signal attenuators to bring the volume down before getting the signal into the MT2496.  It could also be that the 27 dB boost is turned on.  If you have tried all of this, and are still not having success, you can check out this thread, as it spawned this section: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=52968.0

[202] What is wrong with the L/M/H switch?  It seems backwards or it doesn't seem to do much.

If the switches seem backwards, you probably need to upgrade the firmware, as you should do anyhow. 

[210] I seem to be getting some intermittent channel swapping with S/PDIF recordings, what is going on and will this be fixed?

With the S/PDIF, there appears to be channel swapping, at least with 24-bit signal encoding. M-Audio is aware of the problem and they have said this will be addressed with the next firmware upgrade.

[220] I want to use this as a “bit-dump,” is it bit-perfect when fed a digital signal?

Nobody has conclusive or extensive test comparing it to other recorders, but it appears to be bit-perfect and does not re-sample digital signals that are put into the recorder.

[230] My computer doesn’t recognize the MT2496 when I plug it in, what do I do?

This is very common.  Apparently, the PC tries to place drive into slot that is already mapped, and this is not a MT-specific problem. This is how “Tainted” fixed it:

- Right-click "My Computer" on desktop and choose "Manage"
- Go to "Disk Management" under "Storage"
- The MT should show up on the screen
- Right-click on the section for the MT in the bottom right pane, and choose "Change Drive Letters & Paths"
- Change drive letter to something you never use for anything else
- DONE!
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=51891.60

[240] Do I have to transfer to a computer, or can I use a different device to dump my recordings?

You can use on-the-go drives to transfer your recordings to; for details see topic [060]

[250] Will Macintosh computers recognize the recorder?

It appears that there are even fewer issues with Apple devices than with windows PCs.

[260] Does the headphone amp work when I am using the digital input? How about analog input?

The headphone amp appears to be disabled when taking in a digital signal.
The headphone amp works when taking an analog signal, but it is not that loud enough to use, even with headphones with excellent isolation.

[270] I get a message “WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk” when I open MT2496 files in CDwave or when I go to FLAC the files.  Is this a problem?  Am I losing part of my recording?

This is not a problem. This happens with various recorder- or software-specific headers.

See http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=53348.0 for details.

[280] Does the MT2496 take regular batteries?

No, it has a proprietary lithium-ion battery and is not user serviceable.

[290] How do I charge this thing?

You can plug the AC adaptor into the wall and plug the MT2496 into that using the USB cable provided.  The other option is to connect it to a computer USB port and it will charge from that power.

[300] How long does the internal battery last when recording?

Various different runtimes have been reported.

[310] The first time I charged it, it stopped charging after a short period of time, and when I plugged it back in, it went back to charging.  Is there something wrong?

This appears to be commonplace.  Just keep charging it and it will fill up eventually, usually with 3-4 repetitions of charging.  The battery, being Li-Ion, should never be full discharged, and does not have nearly the memory effects of other battery types.

[311] Can I replace the battery myself, if it goes bad?

It is not recommended, and it will void the warranty.  See the link below for M-Audio’s statement in regard to the battery:
http://www.m-audio.com/images/en/warranty/MT_Warranty.pdf

[320] Is there an external battery / power source that can be used to power the MT2496?

Yes.  Two companies, Segue enterprise and bumblebee cables make voltage regulator boxes and cables that are compatible with the MT2496.  Contact ToddR or leegeddy (Marc) for details about their products.  They are both affordable solutions and work reliably.

[330] Does using the phantom power or electret power (mic-in) impact the run time?

There is no doubt that the phantom power will reduce the runtime significantly.  The 5 v for the 1/8 inch output may have some impact, but it will probably be minimal.

[340] What is the latest firmware?

As of the 9th of January, 2006, Version 1.2.3

[341] what does the new firmware fix from the previous version?

Changes from v1.2.0 (beta) to v1.2.3:

General Fixes:
- Record time available in main screen counts down from the lesser of space available, or 2GB file limit.
- Improved CF/MicroDrive formatting with media that was pre-formatted.

old updates

New Items:
- Level meters display levels when playing back files
- Level meters operate in REC PAUSE for easier level setting
- Audio inputs can be heard when in REC PAUSE as well as REC (only for analog inputs)

New UI Items:
- Reboots the unit instead of shutting down when a CF card is inserted
- Pop-up menu added if the user tries to power off while recording
- All input controls will be active during record or record pause, allowing you to adjust your levels more easily.

General Fixes:
- Input and Headphone level controls work more smoothly when held down
- FFWD or REW no longer cause the timer to flash the time ’00:00:00’ when engaged.
- Record time available in main screen counts down from the lesser of space available, or 2GB file limit.
- Remaining record time is now calculated properly when recording from SPDIF input
- Several bugs with HOLD button fixed:
    - Now stops phantom power from turning on and off
    - Now works if booted from card reader mode
    - Continues to work if file was closed because of max file size or no media full

[350] How do I know what firmware I have?

Power up the MT2496.  Use NAV key to scroll to “system,” and scroll to and select “version.”

[360]  How do I upgrade the firmware?

How to update your MicroTrack 24/96 firmware to version 1.2.3:

1) Connect the MicroTrack 24/96 to your Mac or PC. (Please refer to your manual for details on this procedure.)
2) Load the two files onto the CompactFlash card in your MicroTrack 24/96.
3) Properly unmount the MicroTrack 24/96 from the computer. (Again, please refer to your manual for complete instructions.)
4) On the MicroTrack 24/96, navigate to Main Menu > System > Firmware Update and press the NAV button.
5) It will ask you to verify this action. Press the NAV button again.

The download is available here:

http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&product=196cc4c35a380d800a80448f139bcfe7&showbeta=1

[370] Has M-Audio taken an active role in addressing issues that people have had?

M-Audio has provided excellent support for this device, thus far.  There is no reason to think they will not continue to address all of the issues that are fixable with firmware updates.
Some people have had their units ruled defective and M-Audio replaced them.

[380] What are the future plans for upgrades?

This isn’t really clear.  There have been various emails floating around that people have posted with M-Audio saying they will address a bunch of different issues.
You can have an impact on future firmware upgrades by going here and providing feedback to M-Audio:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.betaform

[390] How can I contact M-Audio to inform them about issues I have with my MT2496?

Yes.  You can email them directly or call them.  Contact information is available on their website.

[400] Are there other resources for me to discuss problems or issues about my MT2496?

As of right now, taperssection.com seems to be on the leading edge of discussion about the MT2496. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:22:17 AM by Brian Skalinder »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline keepongoin

Re: M-Audio Microtrack 2496 FAQ
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 04:03:03 PM »
M-Audio Microtrack 2496 (MT2496) FAQ v0.1.6 compiled by Andrew Pierce

updated 2006-01-09

Thanks to everyone for doing testing and reporting here!  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:38:01 AM by Andrew Pierce »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

Offline Judderbar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:47:56 AM »

A 40-45X card or faster is needed.  A list of “approved cards” is on the M-Audio website

Could you post a link please?  I just got a Microtrack and bought a Fuji 100x 2gig card for it... which the MT refuses to recognise.  I found a message in the m-audio Knowledge Base regarding my problem (Media not found/remaining time -1), except their solution doesn't work for me...

Thanks

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:34:24 AM »

Could you post a link please?  I just got a Microtrack and bought a Fuji 100x 2gig card for it... which the MT refuses to recognise.  I found a message in the m-audio Knowledge Base regarding my problem (Media not found/remaining time -1), except their solution doesn't work for me...

Thanks

updated.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »
For the Functionality section, I think it'd be useful to add something like the following:

[###]  My MT sometimes locks up when I try to start or stop a recording.  What's going on?

It appears the MT is sensitive to its start-up and file-stop conditions.  If the MT is not receiving a live S/PDIF signal when powering up or stopping a recording, the MT will sometimes freeze, i.e. lock up.  The only resolution to the freeze seems to be a re-set (hold down the power button until it powers off, then start over again).  Workaround:  ensure your MT is receiving a live S/PDIF signal before powering on or stopping a recording.

Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline pwig

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
For the Functionality section, I think it'd be useful to add something like the following:

[###]  My MT sometimes locks up when I try to start or stop a recording.  What's going on?

It appears the MT is sensitive to its start-up and file-stop conditions.  If the MT is not receiving a live S/PDIF signal when powering up or stopping a recording, the MT will sometimes freeze, i.e. lock up.  The only resolution to the freeze seems to be a re-set (hold down the power button until it powers off, then start over again).  Workaround:  ensure your MT is receiving a live S/PDIF signal before powering on or stopping a recording.

i cannot get my mt to power up. how do you just reset it?

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »

i cannot get my mt to power up. how do you just reset it?

That happened to me after updating firmware, had to send unit back to M-Audio.
Does it take a charge?
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com