Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B9Audio microphone discussion  (Read 63945 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: B9Audio microphone discussion
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
I'm down for a card stereo mic
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline b9audio

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
I'm down for a card stereo mic

It is suitable for solo instrument, smaller such as strings, wind instruments, guitar... or for sound reinforcement.
For larger scale instrument or ensemble, such as piano, drum set..., CSM88, Blumlein stereo is more suitable.

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »
Ordered a pair a hypers last night.  Fingers crossed I dig them.  All sounds good I'm deff in for there wide card and shot gun caps.  Will post more when I receive them.  Ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
Ordered a pair a hypers last night.  Fingers crossed I dig them.  All sounds good I'm deff in for there wide card and shot gun caps.  Will post more when I receive them.  Ed

I'm really curious to hear how these sound.  Please post a heads up here when you get a chance to share a recording made with the hypers!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
Thank you, hope you like them. Super cardioid and shotgun are very popular for the video/film audio. Wide card or omni card are popular for the music recording/live sound.

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 03:45:24 AM »

I'm really curious to hear how these sound.  Please post a heads up here when you get a chance to share a recording made with the hypers!

My CSM88 is spectacular, ran it in Brussels last weekend. The hypers are just as good..

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »
Let's hear some samples!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2018, 04:21:58 AM »
This design is going to answer the demand for MS with exchangeable Mid mic, or for XY stereo.

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »

^
Did you order the side address super cards (CM150VF) or the CM150F?
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2018, 01:44:35 PM »
Thank you, hope you like them. Super cardioid and shotgun are very popular for the video/film audio. Wide card or omni card are popular for the music recording/live sound.

Thanks so much for being here and contributing.

Just so you know to whom your speaking, many members here are very knowledgeable about the intended uses for a wide variety of microphones.

Very few of us, however are doing film audio or studio recording.

Most of us record concerts from a distance.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2018, 02:07:59 PM »
"Most of us record concerts from a distance."

And that is what makes PA-amplified concert recording in particular and the methods used to do it unique in comparison to most other forms of audio recording.  The standard approaches to audio recording as typically done, and the situations to which they apply, are actually a rather small subset of how most amplified concert tapers operate - sort of the exception to the rule.

I may be making a trip to Taiwan sometime in the coming year or so to visit a close friend, and if possible I would be very interested in visiting your facility.  However, I certainly don't wish to be an imposition.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »

Thanks so much for being here and contributing.

Just so you know to whom your speaking, many members here are very knowledgeable about the intended uses for a wide variety of microphones.

Very few of us, however are doing film audio or studio recording.

Most of us record concerts from a distance.

Thank you, and it is nice to talk to and learn from you the professional that really understand microphones.

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
"Most of us record concerts from a distance."

And that is what makes PA-amplified concert recording in particular and the methods used to do it unique in comparison to most other forms of audio recording.  The standard approaches to audio recording as typically done, and the situations to which they apply, are actually a rather small subset of how most amplified concert tapers operate - sort of the exception to the rule.

I may be making a trip to Taiwan sometime in the coming year or so to visit a close friend, and if possible I would be very interested in visiting your facility.  However, I certainly don't wish to be an imposition.

Welcome to Taiwan. I may also going to east coast mid of Feb to early March. In case anyone is close by, I can bring most of the microphones with me and show them to you.

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »
Did a PF sound test for XY configuration. A pair of B9audio CV4 capsule. WAV download link listed in the video description.
https://youtu.be/UPVnIKEV0lk

Offline b9audio

• Taperssection Regular
    • B9audio
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
Working on a stereo kit, it is based on a pair of direct cable out pre-stage, CMP1C. Matched with a stereo bar and various capsules, it can be XY/MS/ORTF/NOS/AB, even side address cardioid ORTF which is so interesting when compared with the end address cardioid ORTF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41BfwWjhUxg&list=PLLHaojJAUa7ocszleoEroijt6HEipjMV4&index=6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com