Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: fave cdr  (Read 38623 times)

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: fave cdr
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »
I have a working AC supply that also fits into position like a battery, which I'm using now.
Yeah, that's the stock power adapter.
In order to go mobile using DC power with this portable unit, the DCP-80 was needed.
Glad you got it sorted.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
jb63, have you tried again since your last posting, and how's it going if so?

I've also fetched all my DAT recordings out of storage, and find that I need to transfer some of them that I missed before (or whose transfers I've misplaced somehow)--and nothing is working yet for me, either. I have two good DAT decks, both Sonys, one of which (a DTC-75ES) apparently stopped working while it spent two years in storage; I'm currently looking for a place to get it repaired. Apparently the problem that it has is common with the group of Sony models that use that same transport control system. My other good deck (a TCD-D10 Pro) is working well, but it has a proprietary digital I/O connector--and Sony no longer makes the cables that fit it. I have the AES/EBU I/O cable for it, which seems to be OK, and my format converter lights up saying that it's receiving a valid signal from it. But the converter still isn't putting out an S/P-DIF signal that my R-44 can recognize, and I don't know why.

So that leaves the portables--TCD-D7 and TCD-D8, which have only half-size head drums, and so aren't nearly as reliable for playing back old tapes. Plus they have the same issue with proprietary digital I/O sockets. It will probably take more digging in my storage rooms and another day or so of futzing around before I can transfer anything. In the meantime, I fortunately have other things to do, so I'm not completely stalled.

I tend to have a "binary" approach to clean-up duties in general: Either I'm not dealing with it for long periods of time, or else I'm the demon who Must Not Be Stopped.

Whew! Months later...

this sounds exactly like me. i ignored my decks for 3 years and now they won't read past errors. i mean nada, zilch. no music, just errors.
i DID save all my digital recordings, though, by buying another drobo and swapping the drives into it. so yay to all the 15 years of tape on there.

next step is to get a working DAT player and organize, but now i'm homeschooling kindergarten, so i may get lost again.
once again, lost in all the noise

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Whew! Months later...
this sounds exactly like me. i ignored my decks for 3 years and now they won't read past errors. i mean nada, zilch. no music, just errors.
i DID save all my digital recordings, though, by buying another drobo and swapping the drives into it. so yay to all the 15 years of tape on there.
next step is to get a working DAT player and organize, but now i'm homeschooling kindergarten, so i may get lost again.
next step should probably be to back up that Drobo
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com