Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Jonesin' for a show  (Read 6163 times)

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
Re:Jonesin' for a show
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »
They are open?

-Kevin

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2004, 06:04:14 PM »
Copied this from the BTAT website:

"Modest Mouse does not seem to have issued a formal taping policy. Issac (lead singer) has stated (during one show) that "bootlegging and photography are ok". It should be noted that this statement is paraphrased and was only one show in 2001. Full rigs with stands have been allowed at some gigs. Board access seems to be venue dependent but available occasionally. Video recording is rumored to need an OK from the band beforehand. Basically taping is allowed but don't expect (or demand) to tape. These guys seem to be cool with the taping scene but don't expect the band to bend over to help you out. "

And this, I pulled from a MM fan site...  It makes me feel as if taping is allowed, or at least it occurs:

"Q: Where can I find Modest Mouse live bootlegs?

A: Do not buy live bootlegs! People who sell bootlegs on eBay and elsewhere are parasites. They are making money off of the talent and hard work of the band. Trading bootlegs for your own listening pleasure is fine. Profitting off of them is not. You can find an excellent sampling of live MP3s on my sounds page. You can find entire shows in MP3 at Indie Pop Live."

I would go early, ask the door guy and any band memeber you can find and then go from there...  I'm not sweating it if you don't tape it...  Eventually they will come here to NC!

Thanks for the hook though!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 01:25:18 AM »
if you talk to the tour manager he'll help you at the door if the security guard says no.  i'm on a modest mouse trading list, i should know the guys name, but i forgot it.  I'm pretty sure if you got there early you could easily get the stuff in.  Bill, who posts on here on occasion has hooked up some BT's in the kickdown forum.  He's also taped built to spill in the past, sent me a freebie, awesome tape.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline blu666z

• AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »
Cool...thanks.

-Kevin

dancing with elihu

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 01:34:59 AM »
I highly recommend The Reeltime Travelers if you like bluegrass.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 01:35:32 AM »
i don't know about howie day w/ a full band, but when it was just solo he put on a great show.

i caught howie day and stereophonics tonight and it was a pretty decent show.  i liked howie better solo when he was doing a lot of looping but still worth seeing imho.

busknuckle

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »
I'll be at the Modest Mouse show. I'm a tiny bit worried that there might be some label types who will interfere with taping.  I hope not but they have an album coming out 4/6 so I'm preparing myself for such a situation.

I've put a lot of planning into taping this show. I got my SBM modded. I'm borrowing mics from jpschust, an mp-2 from mannysbones, and possibly a few more items from a local Seattle friend. If all goes well....this will be a great show and I'll pull a great tape.

If you can make it, I'd suggest seeing Built to Spill. I've taped them before. They seem ok with it but no board access anymore.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.182 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com