Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonnox Oxford Limiter plugin  (Read 1839 times)

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Sonnox Oxford Limiter plugin
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »
Ok so here is the set up story...  Have you ever recorded a quiet acoustic show that sounds phenomenal....only to be blown out by the clapping between songs.  I have been on a quest to bring the two more in line with each other.  I have used everything from a graphic fade to a hard limiter to some fancy volume control.  Most of which worked to some degree but at times sounded unnatural.  Well I had a plugin for years that I never really used until recently.  I have all the sonnox oxford pluggins.  I was playing with then yesterday and discovered that the oxford limiter plugin is incredible for fixing the above issue.  It sounds natural to the rest of the recording and totally fixes my issue.  now the appluases sound more in line with the music.  Its dam near perfect.  I just thought I would pass it along to everyone since others may be looking for something similar.

Peace OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Sonnox Oxford Limiter plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »
I was playing with then yesterday and discovered that the oxford limiter plugin is incredible for fixing the above issue.  It sounds natural to the rest of the recording and totally fixes my issue.

I agree.

I had a chance to play around with them for an afternoon. The Sony Oxford plugs are nice, especially considering their age. Even today given competition from others (such as Izotope's Intel system), it still is on the short list. A lot of the plugs you can find decent competition for, but there was one which had a stereo image altering/coloring plug by volume that I've never seen anywhere else. Wildest thing I'd seen...
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com