Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audition 3.0 and Cool Edit Windows 7 problem files with a padlock  (Read 2029 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
I discvered a problem with subject software and windows 7.  Usually I use Cool edit to edit my recordings(lower levels remove claps, cut etc).  I lately downloaded Audition 3.0 with the patch and installed that as well on my PC.  When I am done editing with Cool Edit( I still use this due to the short cuts/midi triggers i have set)I thought I use Audition 3.0 to downsample for video patch or to burn to CD.  What I discovered that the files are not visible anymore in the eplorer.  I save the file to the hard drive and they vanish.  With the search function you will find the files but the icon has a padlock now.  If you open cool edit you will see the files also and you are able to cut/copy the file to a different place on the hard drive....after that you are able to open/play the file with VLC player and i.e. Cool Edit again...but the file seems to be corrupt...the undue function doesn't work any more... downsampling does want it wants ...etc

This drives me nuts.....

Any idea what this could be..I thougt I will remove all the software and start with cool edit again...to complete what I started....and to have a tool to work on my recordings..

please share your thoughts if you have similar problems

SF

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
Re: Audition 3.0 and Cool Edit Windows 7 problem files with a padlock
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:21:03 AM »
I discvered a problem with subject software and windows 7.  Usually I use Cool edit to edit my recordings(lower levels remove claps, cut etc).  I lately downloaded Audition 3.0 with the patch and installed that as well on my PC.  When I am done editing with Cool Edit( I still use this due to the short cuts/midi triggers i have set)I thought I use Audition 3.0 to downsample for video patch or to burn to CD.  What I discovered that the files are not visible anymore in the eplorer.  I save the file to the hard drive and they vanish.  With the search function you will find the files but the icon has a padlock now.  If you open cool edit you will see the files also and you are able to cut/copy the file to a different place on the hard drive....after that you are able to open/play the file with VLC player and i.e. Cool Edit again...but the file seems to be corrupt...the undue function doesn't work any more... downsampling does want it wants ...etc

This drives me nuts.....

Any idea what this could be..I thougt I will remove all the software and start with cool edit again...to complete what I started....and to have a tool to work on my recordings..

please share your thoughts if you have similar problems

SF

Forgot to mention that I have a 64bit version of Windows 7

Offline swordfish

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:08:11 AM »
No answers...I have to do it myself. :D...so I have to add..That the files "vanish" in a virtual folder....I deleted Audition from the PC and recognized that Cool edit and Audition seem to share the same Library...since when I opened CE all the "short cuts" to last used shows where gone and replaced by the samples CE provides when you use it for the first time...

Not a 100% sure but it seems that CE works now again...have to test and get proof.

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:03 AM »
Someone else reported problems with Aud 3 and Cool Edit...on the other thread.

I think they said even uninstalling both and reinstalling CE didn't fix their issues.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com