Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RB-270 Problem  (Read 2566 times)

Offline listen_to_STAX

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • my crappy band
RB-270 Problem
« on: June 22, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »
Anyone ever had a RB 270 that went into sleepy time?

My battery charges fine, and while charging you can press the indicator button and check status..... After charging, plug it in to gear, it works most of the time like it should, or not at all............

Can't even press the indicator to wake it up right after fresh charge sometimes. Battery appears dead. Can "wake it up" by sticking AC plug/charger back on, and then removing it while output is connected to R-44 etc..... but even that doesn't help. Sometimes I notice 10-15 mins after that procedure R44 icon shows back on Alkalines.....

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: RB-270 Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:31:03 AM »
Anyone ever had a RB 270 that went into sleepy time?

My battery charges fine, and while charging you can press the indicator button and check status..... After charging, plug it in to gear, it works most of the time like it should, or not at all............

Can't even press the indicator to wake it up right after fresh charge sometimes. Battery appears dead. Can "wake it up" by sticking AC plug/charger back on, and then removing it while output is connected to R-44 etc..... but even that doesn't help. Sometimes I notice 10-15 mins after that procedure R44 icon shows back on Alkalines.....

I can't explain the erratic behavior (it's probably got something to do with the circuit inside the RB-270), but you obviously have a battery that's on its last leg.  Don't throw it out though.  Either buy replacement cells and refurb it yourself or send the cells to kirkd for him to refurb.

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • made with natural flavor
Re: RB-270 Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 07:29:12 PM »
i used to have a bad battery cable (solder joint broke) that would flip a breaker (or something) in an rb-270..  then i would plug in the ac charger to the battery, and that would reset it.
not sure if that could be your problem..  but may worth investigating.
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com