Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Smart FTP /LMA help ....  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
Smart FTP /LMA help ....
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »
I had to re-download Smart FTP because my hard drive failed recently, well I am trying to upload
to the lma and I am a little confused.
  Normally in Smart FTP I open the directory > open the folder >drag an drop files to
the temporary queue then drag and drop into the folder > I hit start in the transfer
queue then you could see the status of every file.
 Well all worked fine up until the status of each they are "copying" within seconds and I don't see anything is this new or am I missing something?  It acts as if I am not connected but I must be to access the folder ???
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:45:20 AM by Tye »
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
Re: Smart FTP /LMA help ....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
If iI remember, I right click the folder. Then upload > direct > pick the files. It should start uploading after clicking add. I hope that made sense, I don't have the program open right now.
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
No problem,  ;D , here is some tea for you!

930's > MMe

Offline pwig

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
If iI remember, I right click the folder. Then upload > direct > pick the files. It should start uploading after clicking add. I hope that made sense, I don't have the program open right now.

Do you have screen shots of how this works? I seem to not be doing this right either - I click on the files and drag them to the transer qeue. Once this happens, they all just seem to sit there...help please!

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »
What happens when you right mouse click them in the transfer queue?  I think there is an option to start the transfer.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline pwig

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
What happens when you right mouse click them in the transfer queue?  I think there is an option to start the transfer.

i right clicked and then selected upload and the remote site but cannot seem to pick the folder. I am uploading to the LMA...

Offline hawghunter

• Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »
Are you getting a connection to the LMA through Smart FTP. If you are, you should see a folder on the left hand side. The folder will named what you named it when you asked for an identifier; such as 'lh-2008-05-10-mc930'. A connection to the LMA is a must. Open Smart FTP cut and paste the identifier you were given for the address with your login,  password and port. After I get that info in the address bar at the top. Click 'go' the green arrow. It should try to connect, once connected , it will give you a folder. Then right click that folder and follow instructions above. It seems that your not getting a folder, I could be wrong. I suck at sceen shots, always have problems, but I'll try to get one, and help some more.  ;D

930's > MMe

Offline ScottT

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 05:46:39 PM »
Open SmartFTP
Type in (or copy/paste) the Address provided by the Archive.  Ex: ia311230.us.archive.org - youremailaddress
Make sure your Login and Password are entered correctly and that the Port is 21.
Click the green button to connect.
Left side will show the server name. Ex: ia311230.us.archive.org - youremailaddress
Clicking on the server should then show you the folder they created for your upload.  Ex: gpn2008-07-25.flac16
Double-click the folder to view its contents.
Drag-and-drop your files into the window which shows the contents.
The transfer of files should start auto-magically and run until it's done.

Oh, I also see that SmartFTP is going to cease offering a free client in the very near future.  Time to learn another app I guess...
Mics: Schoeps mk22, mk41, mk8, ADK TLs
Pres: V2, Busman-mod UA5
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70d, Tascam DR-07

"Push out the jive. Bring in the love." - C.M. Burns

Offline pwig

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 10:26:23 AM »
Open SmartFTP
Type in (or copy/paste) the Address provided by the Archive.  Ex: ia311230.us.archive.org - youremailaddress
Make sure your Login and Password are entered correctly and that the Port is 21.
Click the green button to connect.
Left side will show the server name. Ex: ia311230.us.archive.org - youremailaddress
Clicking on the server should then show you the folder they created for your upload.  Ex: gpn2008-07-25.flac16
Double-click the folder to view its contents.
Drag-and-drop your files into the window which shows the contents.
The transfer of files should start auto-magically and run until it's done.

Oh, I also see that SmartFTP is going to cease offering a free client in the very near future.  Time to learn another app I guess...

Yep - I do all of this. My problem is that it uploads one or two files and then quits.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com