Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best line in recorder?  (Read 15430 times)

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Best line in recorder?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »
I do have a pretty good memory, indeed.  You realize it takes one five-second search to find that, right?

Offline Dede2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »
I do have a pretty good memory, indeed.  You realize it takes one five-second search to find that, right?

You keep coming, don't you? You never give up.
 I've had it. I've always been polite and nice to everyone around here, but you don't seem to appreciate it.
But that's an improvement. At least now you speak up your mind. You really must miss the time when you and your friends were
-T'ing me like crazy. Minus 10 to 15 T's everyday!
Please, don't make a fool of yourself. I don't think it was you. I know it was you.
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
Gentlemen you are all wrong and I am the only correct one. Lets understand that and move on.  ;D

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
yes, let's move on please!

Justinasia, hope you have found some useful information in some of these replies!
 ;D

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:42 AM »
Gentlemen you are all wrong and I am the only correct one. Lets understand that and move on.  ;D

yes, let's move on please!

Justinasia, hope you have found some useful information in some of these replies!
 ;D

Indeed!  My apologies to all for the threadjack...

But that Oade 620 DOES sound good!

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline Justinasia

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
Hi guys
aaronji and Dede2002 , you both sound like nice guys, and I appreciate both your posts, thanks. It's very useful for me to hear positive and negative feedback on this model, modded or stock. Actually I thought it should hopefully be quite good in the first place if Doug thought it was worth modding, so any feedback is welcome. I was just worried about the poor noise rating it has on the EIN value, on this website:
http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm
I need to record very quiet acoustic music. At that noise level I would have no interest actually, and that's why I overlooked it, until Doug mentioned about it. I am hoping that after the mod that is greatly improved, and interested to hear how it will then compare to the other models.

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
Hi guys
aaronji and Dede2002 , you both sound like nice guys, and I appreciate both your posts, thanks. It's very useful for me to hear positive and negative feedback on this model, modded or stock. Actually I thought it should hopefully be quite good in the first place if Doug thought it was worth modding, so any feedback is welcome. I was just worried about the poor noise rating it has on the EIN value, on this website:
http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm
I need to record very quiet acoustic music. At that noise level I would have no interest actually, and that's why I overlooked it, until Doug mentioned about it. I am hoping that after the mod that is greatly improved, and interested to hear how it will then compare to the other models.

You're welcome, Justinasia.
I agree with you: it's very useful to hear all kinds of feedback.
Have fun in your quest.  ;). That's what taping is all about.

Take care

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »
Keep in mind that Oade only modifies units that can actually benefit from modding.  That should tell you something.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 11:56:15 AM »
I need to record very quiet acoustic music.

Seems like 4060 > 9100 > R-09HR would suit this type of recording situation quite well.  Both the 9100 and R-09HR are very quiet as mentioned by several folks above.  If you're really on the fence, I would suggest finding someone to borrow them from and try them out before you actually buy one.  Unfortunately, I sold my 9100 months ago, and my R-09HR is my only recorder so I can't lend it out, but I'm sure some kindly folks here will help you out.  :P

edit: Yard Sale has a nice looking D50 at a nice price:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,116901.0.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 12:15:07 PM by su6oxone »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com