Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best way to convert tracked 24 bit to 16 bit?  (Read 8226 times)

Offline andyjah

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Best way to convert tracked 24 bit to 16 bit?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 04:58:40 PM »
I use the batch processor in Soundforge and dump in the tracked 24 bit files. I just make sure to use the sector alignment feature in the FLAC frontend in case of SBE's on the 16 bit files.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
I do it for every show I do.  I track the 24/48 and then do a batch process in wavelab.   seems easier to me than saving a cue sheet and redoing cdwave (not that it's hard to do that).

batch process in wavelab

open wavelab and go to tools > batch.  then you should be on input.  input the tracked 24 bit files.  then go to output and point it to save in your 16 bit folder or wherever.  also make sure that output is set to 16/44.

go back to input.  there is a little box over to the right (between the A and extras buttons).  that is the edit batch plugins button.   click on it and then click on plugins > resampler 192 (I now use crystal re sampler).  click on it.  it should then move to the window on the left (sequence) .  double click on it to be sure it's set to 44.1.  then look back at the plugins and click on VST.  select what you use to dither.  I use izotope 4 most of you use uv22hr.    so under sequence should be resampler first and then the dither tool.    if you use izotope you must click on it to open it up and set up (turn on) the dither.  you do not have to for uv22hr.  always resample first then dither (make sure they are in the correct order and the first one is highlighted).

hit ok and then run and you will output 16/44 tracks from the 24/48 tracks.

Wavelab 6 installed, decoding 24 bit FLAC > 24 bit WAVs.  About to explore.   >:D 
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
So the Wavelab process seemed to work as designed, but in addition to the 16 bit WAV files, I also got corresponding .WAV.gpk files.  What are these files?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out with the magic of google.  Set the preferences to not keep these files after Wavelab closes the audio files.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:13:41 AM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com