Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

New Cap for the summer

(1/5) > >>

creekfreak:
Ok, currently I have a set of mk41's and mk4's. Love the mk41's, kinda of iffy on the mk4's. Thinking of trying something new this summer for outdoor taping, looking at the mk21, and then the mk2/3's, so subcards or omni's. What would fit me best of outdoor taping? I have heard some sweet mk21 recordings, and the omni I know when used correctly sound fantastic also......can't decide, will probably look to trade someone some mk4's for the other.

nickgregory:
so I cant speak for the schopes, but more generally, for festival type atmospheres...I love split omnis when your out in a field...type taping...some really fun tapes come that way

creekfreak:
yea, I was thinking the omni's would be fun, but I was also thinking subcards for instances where a wider pick up would sound nice, but not as wide as say an omni would give you. I have never run split omni's and would love to see what that sounds like.

silentmark:

--- Quote from: nickgregory on March 17, 2004, 10:56:58 AM ---so I cant speak for the schopes, but more generally, for festival type atmospheres...I love split omnis when your out in a field...type taping...some really fun tapes come that way

--- End quote ---

100 percent agree, omni's are wonderful ...

creekfreak:
anyone got some omni to trade for my mk4's ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version