Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

This may be a stupid question....

(1/2) > >>

gristlejaw:
pardon the newbie Q...but I've never used paired microphones with XLR cables before...typically i use an omni with stereo mini jack into my D8. my question is this...can you go straight into the line-in or mic-in on the d8 using (2) XLR>RCA adapters like the ones here  http://www.cascademedia.net/cgi-bin/cmedia/calrad35-460.html?id=2nrspMD4 then RCA into a mini jack? or do you need some sort of pre amp? I will be using this set up only once...if that matters. thank you for your reply.
-gris

super-phat-al:
you can do it, but it would be highly recommended that you get a pre.  If you were going right into a d8, you would be plugging right into a a/d.

Sean Gallemore:
depends, do the mics need phantom power?

sexymexi:
i think it would work, if your mics don't require power, and i would listen to shwilly here, a pre is a nice thing..  not neccesary but really nice.  i don't know how the a/d's are on a D8, others could tell ya, but i don't know. i've seen it done, but it all depends on the mics, with a little more info, i'm sure someone can better answer your questions. and welcome aboard.

gristlejaw:
yeah i believe the mics will need phantom power they are AKG 391s. i believe the specs call for 9 - 52v.....so i'm guessing i will need a battery box or can the D8 provide the power for both mics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version