Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

V3 battery

<< < (11/11)

MULETAPER:
Ladies and Gentleman,

thats doing your homework!! :cheers:

hey thanks, since I know this works I just need a cable for my V3, and Im back taping! >:D

a few years away from the game and with spending so much foolish money on portable power over the years,this is a huge help. I've had the V3 for 2 years and never even powered it.
thanks for your help! :headphones:

jerryfreak:

--- Quote from: rumbleseat on December 13, 2019, 01:03:58 PM ---The DR-680 manual says that phantom draws 3 mA per channel, which is just wrong. 

--- End quote ---

how is that "wrong"?

currents vary quite a bit from microphone to microphone. some require up to 10mA, some as little as 1mA

rumbleseat:
Ahhh - I see your point.  That info on phantom power current draw was in a section with the text below:

Battery operation time (when used continuously)
  NiMH batteries (eneloop)
    About 4 hours (6 channels of phantom power used, 3 mA per channel)
    About 4.5 hours (2 channels of phantom power used, 3 mA per channel)
    About 5.5 hours (phantom power not used)

I presumed they were talking about 3 mA at 12 volts since they were talking about battery power.  But that 3 mA draw spec may refer to 48 V, which makes much more sense.

jhonalbert:
How much capacity exist in V3 battery?? 2500 0r 3000?

rocksuitcase:

--- Quote from: jhonalbert on December 16, 2021, 03:07:48 AM ---How much capacity exist in V3 battery?? 2500 0r 3000?

--- End quote ---
First, Welcome to TS.
Second, the V3 does not have an internal battery. The 'batt' light is to measure the input signal of an older style gelcel type battery (eg EcoCharge). Most folks do not use these batteries anymore.
They use the talentcells referenced above. This one has 11,000mAh if powering the device with 9V, if using 12V it has 8300mAh. We have used them for over 12 hours with both V2's and V3's in festival situations they barely drop to 50% after that duration.
https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-11000mAh-14500mAh-26400mAh/dp/B016BJCRUO?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_8899093011

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version