Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

External power recommendation for 661MKII

<< < (3/3)

fanofjam:

--- Quote from: caymanreview on January 03, 2018, 08:33:54 PM ---i almost had a horrendous house fire when a tekkeon failed during charging, i wouldnt reccomend then at all. was a 3450, almost unused. kicked into rapid charge, battery case split and it ferociously spewed lithium (i think) smelling gas into my home til i got on a pair of nitriole gloves and was able to get it outside and unplugged

--- End quote ---

This recently happened to me with an Anker 21000 battery and all I was doing was powering my MixPre-3.  Unfortunately, this is lithium-ion cell thing and isn't isolated to Tekkeon batteries. 

You know when you go to the PO and they ask you if the package has batteries?  Same thing about prohibitions about packing li-ion batteries in a suitcase in your checked luggage on a flight.

This is about lithium-ion cells.

Bottom line is it's a best practice to charge your li-ions in a location where they can't start other things on fire, like on the garage floor.

MakersMarc:
Tekkeons appear to be no longer available. I'm finally looking to get a battery for my two 661s wondering if anyone has a suggestion? 

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version