Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

ISO Church Audio Mic Bar....

<< < (2/5) > >>

Papaphunk:
^^^ thanks. Think I may have found another temporary solution

https://www.amazon.com/Stage-MY550-Microphone-Extension-Attachment/dp/B0002ZO3LK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1516112074&sr=1-1-fkmr1&keywords=clamp+for+taper+microphones+with+bar

voltronic:

--- Quote from: The Other Chris on January 15, 2018, 03:21:54 PM ---Not too long ago there was a guy using a shock mount with a plain old 12” ruler stuck through it and clipping the mics on the ends. It was pretty clever and might do in a pinch.

--- End quote ---

There was definitely more than one guy doing this; I was one of them but it definitely wasn't my original idea. The only new thing I added: I bought a cheap aluminum ruler and cut each end to a non-symmetrical point such that clipping the mics one way would make a 110deg opening angle and the other way 90deg.  The ruler went into a cheap shockmount that looks like a plastic cylinder with crossed rubber bands at each end.  It's all these mics really need.

scrtaper:
so if you can see in the picture i am using a 4 mic bar with my nakamichi shotguns in the center, but on each side i took a metal clothes hanger , bent it around where the mic clips would screw on then screwed them down. go to the other end made a small circle bend to clip the mics to and gaff taped the wire to the bars, it made a 4.5' spaced pair that blended awesome with the shotguns..... idea i came up with in  a hurry for the omni pair

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: scrtaper on February 10, 2018, 09:49:55 PM ---so if you can see in the picture i am using a 4 mic bar with my nakamichi shotguns in the center, but on each side i took a metal clothes hanger , bent it around where the mic clips would screw on then screwed them down. go to the other end made a small circle bend to clip the mics to and gaff taped the wire to the bars, it made a 4.5' spaced pair that blended awesome with the shotguns..... idea i came up with in  a hurry for the omni pair

--- End quote ---

Where is that venue?

scrtaper:
penns peak in jim thorpe pa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version