Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NJB3's Right Channel always lower in volume.  (Read 6073 times)

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NJB3's Right Channel always lower in volume.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 01:02:39 PM »
Or just buy a cable that fits!!!

I havent found one yet that doesnt work...

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 01:44:52 PM »
Or just buy a cable that fits!!!

I havent found one yet that doesnt work...
You will find one that doesn't fit someday... and it will be that one-in-a-lifetime show that you only got the signal from the right microphone and recorded it to the left channel.  It's best to take the time to make the mod when you have time to do it right, not like I had to do with my pocketknife, in the dark with only about 90 seconds before the show is going to start.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

hexyjones

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 07:45:18 AM »
I'll remember to carry a pocket knife... ;)

For me - I cant forsee a situation that I will be patching from anything but my own rig...but thats just me.

Good point though - if you are an analog patcher - I guess you should mod the case - as you said - just to be ready for anything...

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »
Or If you wanna take a SBD patch .
 Usually you will need to run
RCA>Mini>Jb3
or
XLR>Mini >Jb3

I modded just One My Jb3's and left the other two alone , I run One optical out from the Jb3 , But I had some problems with one of my recordings One night due to the Rt angle connector for the Optical cable ( I Think ).  SO I decided I would start running the "back up" Jb3 I got Coax>Converter box>optical>Jb3 ..

But once in awhile Im able to get SBD patch's from local bands and Little Feat and other National bands that are very taper friendly.. So its nice to be able to run a Jb3 for just the SBD and mix in the post if ya want.. And in order for my RCA> Mini plug or XLR>Mini adapter cable to work I had to mod the Jb3..
YMMV ....

I just originally thought this may be his (theRodge) problem  ..

Nick

AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com