Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upgarding an integrated sound card  (Read 1413 times)

urobouros

• Trade Count: (0)
Upgarding an integrated sound card
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:19:18 PM »
I have an integrated soundcard on my desktop and three open PCI slots.  Can just put a new PCI sound card in to upgrade.  I have the same issue with my video card.  Any suggestions?

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Upgarding an integrated sound card
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:41:02 AM »
The N-force 2 motherboards actually have a decent onboard audio,ALL other onboards are worse than the cheapest soundcards. Check Newwegg.com-M-Audio Revolution at about $70,Turtle Beach Catalina about $49 are good. Creative's cards are well optimized for games but never the best bet if audio is a priority-and since you are here,not a gamer's site....Install is easy- with the puter off but plugged in the case metal will ground any static charge. You ground yourself that way before taking your new card from the anti-static bag and a few times during the process - one phillips screw holds it in place-plug and play should detect and you will get a CD with drivers-easy stuff

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 10:09:27 AM »
I did this recently and it was very easy.  If I can do it, then anyone can.  It took me about 15 minutes to install.  You probably have to disable the onboard card by going into the computer setup, but this is really easy.  Just follow the directions that come with the card or look in the user manual for your computer.

I bought the cheapest 24 bit sound card I could find on Newegg.  All I was concerned about was editing 24 biit files and was not looking for any additional features.  I think I paid less than $20 for the soundcard and it works perfectly.
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

urobouros

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 11:01:05 AM »
Well, I purchased this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5154969832&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I was just concerned that I might have to do some soldering to the motherboard if the original card was integrated.

t+'s for the help!

Offline rerem

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 07:05:36 AM »
You aren't going to be physically removing the onboard,typically there are places in Device manager and software that let you pick the default. I suspect the new souncard install drivers will ask if you want it as default

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com