Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NJB3 issues - CD-Wave message, corrupt file?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
NJB3 issues - CD-Wave message, corrupt file?
« on: January 17, 2005, 04:24:02 PM »
OK, so I just got this jb3. I transferred a show to it and then uploaded to my pc. I open it in CD Wave to track it out and I get the following message. Something like, " the header reports a different file size than the system, do you want to override the system size" either way, the file is truncated. Instead of 1:01:16, the time is reported as 10:16:01. Wavelab reports the same size and track length. On my JB3 the show is complete. So far I'm not real impressed with my JB3. You can have my dap1 when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. Any suggestions with the JB3 are apreciated.

Yeah - I get the same thing...but Soundforge doesnt complain about it...
I think if you just open and re-save it in an editor...it will fix the header...

are you trying to open it in a different sample rate from which it was recorded, by chance?
Nope, both at 44.1. I thought of that possibility. +T anyways.

This only occurs when you open it up fresh from the transfer...CD Wave is the only program I've seen complain about this...
Does anyone know what the correct response to the error message is? (accept, dont accept?)
Doesn't seem to matter which one you pick. I've tried both.
i agree with post's saying opening in SF first will fix the problem, and either choice of 'fix the header' or 'trust the header' gives the same result.  i also think if you upgrade the firmware on the JB3 this should stop this from happening again, not sure but i think it was just a bug w/ older firmware - i have 2 JB3s and only the older one has this 'problem'.  hope this helps.

I have firmware version 1.40.06. According to the faq it is proven to be stable. The wave file on my jb3 is corrupt. It reads 1:01:16 in total time, but will not play beyond 10:16; which is exactly the time that Wavelab reports.

Result: try opening and resaving w/an alternate wave editor. I haven't confirmed this myself, but will try it soon.----Kevin

« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 01:08:37 AM by Brian Skalinder »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: NJB3 issues - CD-Wave message, corrupt file?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 01:12:30 AM »
I open it in CD Wave to track it out and I get the following message. Something like, " the header reports a different file size than the system, do you want to override the system size" either way, the file is truncated. Instead of 1:01:16, the time is reported as 10:16:01. Wavelab reports the same size and track length. On my JB3 the show is complete. So far I'm not real impressed with my JB3. You can have my dap1 when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. Any suggestions with the JB3 are apreciated.

As noted already - and upated in the FAQ - selecting Yes or No to the CD-Wave message results in the same effect:  CD-Wave strips the 8 bytes of junk at the end of the WAV file responsible for the message.  It appears other commonly used WAV editors automatically strip out the junk bytes without prompting the user.

I have firmware version The wave file on my jb3 is corrupt. It reads 1:01:16 in total time, but will not play beyond 10:16; which is exactly the time that Wavelab reports.

Result: try opening and resaving w/an alternate wave editor. I haven't confirmed this myself, but will try it soon.----Kevin

The file won't play beyond 10:16 on the JB3 directly, or after transferring to PC?  Through what interface(s) does the file time read 10:16 - JB3?  Creative PlayCenter (or whatever their software is called)?  Notmad Explorer?  WAV editors used to open the JB3 after transferring to PC?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com