Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: D7 error 11 question  (Read 5133 times)

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
D7 error 11 question
« on: January 27, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »
Just bought a D7 as is for very cheap and evrything checks out, but I keep getting an error 11 and have trouble unloading tape. Any help??
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
Re: D7 error 11 question
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:13:03 PM »
Pretty sure it means "Unloading Not Completed".  Try powering down and then back up a few times and see if it will et it go.  In any case you are probably going to need to send it in for service to Pro Digital.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 07:46:10 PM »
Found one solution.....power off then back on and immediately press open and tape unloads no problem. Seems to work everytime.
W/O Rig but Hopeful

hexyjones

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »
...he's dead jim...

That was one of the death throws that mine went through...pretty soon it wouldn't unload at all...

I would resist using the deck anymore...

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 04:42:09 PM »
Shit...well, how long might it have left? I just bought the thing...very cheap.....but none the less....
W/O Rig but Hopeful

hexyjones

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 04:47:06 PM »
Shit...well, how long might it have left? I just bought the thing...very cheap.....but none the less....

Mine really didn't last long after that...I might have gotten a transfer or two off...but once I got a tape stuck - it took about 2 weeks of turning it on and off till it finally opened up...

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Old and in the way.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »
You can do is send it off to Paul Plotnick at Prodigital.  He is a very straight up guy and wont screw you over.  Send it too him with a note to give you a call after he looks at it and let you know if it is worth fixing.  When I had a D8 I sent it to him once a year every year for a service.  I taped a million shows with that thing and it never let me down once. He is way cool to deal with and will expplain everything that  is wrong.  He also includes any parts he replaces in a little baggie with the deck when he sends it back, so you can see what went wrong. Another thing to consider is that you do have a D7, and that was one of the first DAT walkmen (behind the D3).  It could easily have 100's of hours on it. One more thing to consider, You could most likely get a JB3 for less than it will cost to repair the D7. Best thing I ever did...

http://prodigitalinc.com/
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 05:29:10 PM »
I'll second the pro-dig advice.  They did the service on my D7.  It works like a champ.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. +T I only payed $85 for this unit, so I may try to sell it here for what I payed and see if anyone wants it to fix up....and use the money plus a little more to buy a jb3. I'm in a bit of a rush though.....leaving 2/15 to tape last leg of YMSB tour.....need to act quick. Any more suggestions on the best way to do this fast?
W/O Rig but Hopeful

hexyjones

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 06:47:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. +T I only payed $85 for this unit, so I may try to sell it here for what I payed and see if anyone wants it to fix up....and use the money plus a little more to buy a jb3. I'm in a bit of a rush though.....leaving 2/15 to tape last leg of YMSB tour.....need to act quick. Any more suggestions on the best way to do this fast?

I sold my broken D7 on ebay for 70+ plus dollars...

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2005, 12:39:41 PM »
One more question. I'm selling the D7 now very cheap and a potential buyer wants to know an estimate of how much it will cost to fix the error 11 problem. Any have a good estimate on that?
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Old and in the way.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 01:11:55 PM »
Judging from my past service & repair bills on my old D8, I wouldnt count on fixing it for less than $100.  All the problems that could be connected with that error will almost certainly require cracking it open.  :-\
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 02:18:15 PM »
what is a D7? ;-)
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline EA

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »
My D7 had intermittent error 11 issues for years. It would just happen ever now and then and then just go away after a while. I certainly wouldn't count your D7 as being dead just because of that.
Why is there no boxing in the special olympics?

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 05:22:31 PM »
i think the error 11 error is a quick fix and may cost half the $75 per hour fee to fix it. in the process they will also clean your deck, and make sure alighment is ok.

call this number. 610-353-2400. tell them all about it. they will understand.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 05:33:19 PM by Chris K »
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com