Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ? about ASPI drivers  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
? about ASPI drivers
« on: January 28, 2005, 04:37:27 PM »
I just decided to download Feurio to see if I could burn some discs this weekend before I get the Nero disc I plan on using . Well after I downloaded and I was going through the configuration Feurio scanned my computer and said I did not have a ASPI driver.
 I am having problems with my Roxio 6.0 and I was curious shouldn't I of had an ASPI driver for my Roxio program to work correctly? Any thoughts to why I don't or is there an ASPI driver specifically for Feurio? ???
          Thanks
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline dnsacks

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: ? about ASPI drivers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 05:11:11 PM »
Tye:

Feurio will give you all sorts of dire messages as you start using it.  Most should be promptly disregarded.  The ASPI driver message MAY be one of them, but I don't recall getting this one.  Does it give you any options to move forward or is it a "you're screwed 'till you fix this" message?

Aargh, how I hate roxio . . ..

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 05:24:06 PM »
Tye:

Feurio will give you all sorts of dire messages as you start using it.  Most should be promptly disregarded.  The ASPI driver message MAY be one of them, but I don't recall getting this one.  Does it give you any options to move forward or is it a "you're screwed 'till you fix this" message?

Aargh, how I hate roxio . . ..

It basically says it can not communicate with my burner. But it does not say which driver I need and that prompt did not come up again.
 Nero here I come!!!!
dnsacks  thanks so much you have been real helpful with this dilema! +T
 I think I'll delete it and reload it and see what happens.
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 08:17:34 PM »
http://www.goldenhawk.com/

has aspi drivers to download. it also has a link to the Adaptec aspi download.
it's pretty simple. just run the exe file and reboot. you should be fine after that.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 02:53:24 PM »
So am I correct to say that I need this driver installed to have any cd burn program be able to communicate with my burner?
  It seems to me that this must of somehow been deleted from my HD some how I do remember having an Adaptec folder in my program files but now it's not there.

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 03:28:14 PM »
So am I correct to say that I need this driver installed to have any cd burn program be able to communicate with my burner?
  It seems to me that this must of somehow been deleted from my HD some how I do remember having an Adaptec folder in my program files but now it's not there.

i believe so. my cdrwin wouldn't recognize my 2 burners until the aspi layer was installed.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
well I downloaded the drivers and ran fuerio again which does a system diagnosis and it says that I have a faulty driver or none istalled.  This may be why my Roxio program is not working. I am going to load a Nero disc on monday but I'm afraid it the drivers aren't working then Nero won't either.  ???
 Here is what it said
wnaspi32.dll  (File: C:\WINNT\system32\wnaspi32.dll):
   NOT POSSIBLE

winaspi.dll  (File: C:\WINNT\system\winaspi.dll):
   NOT POSSIBLE

aspi32.sys  (File: C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\aspi32.sys):
   NOT POSSIBLE

wowpost.exe.sys  (File: C:\WINNT\system\wowpost.exe):
   NOT POSSIBLE

Faulty ASPI-driver / No ASPI-driver.
No ASPI-driver has been installed resp. the ASPI-driver has not been installed correctly.
But to use Feurio! you need an ASPI-driver!
PLEASE INSTALL AN ASPI-DRIVER!

Windows NT-users can also work without an ASPI-driver as Windows NT permits direct access to the devices without using ASPI. To use this, please call"Program" -> "Program parameters" -> "Access mode" and select the"DeviceIoControl" mode there.

Offline Tye

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys I downloaded a ASPI driver and now my Roxio is working just fine. Hmmm I think I am going to change over to Nero either way it. Thanks again for your input. +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com