Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Uploading to the archive question.  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Uploading to the archive question.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 01:49:25 PM »
+T for sharing
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 02:28:49 PM »
One more question
 From what I have read each flac disc should be uploaded in a folder (exp. particel2005-01-21.flac16) when I go to put the files in SmartFTP it will not let me choose just the folder it only lets me put the contents of the folder in, is this correct? The reason I ask is because when I go through the tutorial for SmartFTP in the top left where the directory is they have subfolders to choose the files to be uploaded.
 When I do it there is only the audio-uploads.org file and I can only right click then choose upload> direct > select files is this the correct way to go?
I'm sorry for the newbie questions I just don't want to start the upload and find out I wasted my time.

Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 03:07:06 PM »
Is there a "create folder" function in SmartFTP? Try creating the particle2005-01-21.flac16 on the audio-uploads server, and then moving your individual files into it that way...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 03:20:18 PM »
Is there a "create folder" function in SmartFTP? Try creating the particle2005-01-21.flac16 on the audio-uploads server, and then moving your individual files into it that way...
ahhhh makes total sense I will check it out, I would assume it does.  +T
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

Offline DCDireWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 04:45:43 PM »
is there a smartftp faq somewhere?  i've never used ftp before, and i'm for the first time trying to upload a show to LMA.  I created my files, my text file, my md5 file, put them all in one folder, opened up smartftp, connected to LMA, and dragged the folder into the smartftp window.  now nothing is happening and it says the folder has zero bytes when i right click on it and click on properties. 

what am i doing wrong?  what do i need to do to make it upload?
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

Ray76

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 07:38:01 AM »
is there a smartftp faq somewhere?  i've never used ftp before, and i'm for the first time trying to upload a show to LMA.  I created my files, my text file, my md5 file, put them all in one folder, opened up smartftp, connected to LMA, and dragged the folder into the smartftp window.  now nothing is happening and it says the folder has zero bytes when i right click on it and click on properties. 

what am i doing wrong?  what do i need to do to make it upload?

http://www.smartftp.com/support/howto/

Offline DCDireWolf

• Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 08:10:05 AM »
Gracias, and plus T.
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com