Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 + XP driver install problem  (Read 2721 times)

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
JB3 + XP driver install problem
« on: March 07, 2005, 09:50:23 AM »
Hi all -

I recently added a JB3 to my collection, and am having trouble getting my XP computer to install from the included disk. 

I've searched and read the FAQ here and at nomadness and didnt' see anything that specifically addressed my Q, so be gentle with me!  If I missed it, just point me in the right direction.  Sorry if I'm asking something that's been hashed to death, but I did try and find it before I posted honest I did.... lol

I install from  the CD, reboot, then plug in the JB3. Windows prompts with the "new hardware found" dialog and then plotzes when it "can't find drivers".   I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results each time.

Also, I'm wondering where the "visual level meters" are for  recording? Are they only available in certain firmware releases?  I believe my unit is running 1.11.07 (assuming I'm reading the right info - i got that  from the "jukebox information" menu, right?)

Anyway, thanks for the dufus q's. Appreciate any help :)

DPA4060
R09

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: JB3 + XP driver install problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:57:20 AM »
Also, I'm wondering where the "visual level meters" are for recording? Are they only available in certain firmware releases? I believe my unit is running 1.11.07 (assuming I'm reading the right info - i got that from the "jukebox information" menu, right?)

You're correct - I believe you have to upgrade to 1.26 or higher for the level meters.  Most people seem to be on 1.32 or 1.4x as those are the two most recent.  Check the JB3 Tapers FAQ in the Archive for how to upgrade firmware:

[310] How do I upgrade the firmware?

To upgrade the firmware:

[1] download the latest firmware from Nomadness.
[2] plug the NJB3 into the wall
[3] plug it into your computer with firewire/usb
[4] click the firmware .EXE file downloaded from Nomadness

I install from the CD, reboot, then plug in the JB3. Windows prompts with the "new hardware found" dialog and then plotzes when it "can't find drivers". I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results each time.

Sorry, I'm not much help on the XP install issue.

Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:16:57 AM »
USB or Firewire?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Diamond_D

• Taperssection Member
  • Who's not honoring me now?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 10:17:41 AM »
the only thing I can think of for the install issue is reverse the order. Uninstall everything, and restart. Put the CD in the drive but don't run anything, then plug in the JB3. It should search for native drivers, and when it doesn't find any it will ask you where they are. Point it to the CD-Rom, and it should go from there. Worth a shot anyway...
SP-C4's > Canare Star Quads > UA5 (bm2p+) > H120

"Drums, Guitars, and Death. They finally got it right."
        Beavis & Butthead

Offline Roamer

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »
I had a few issues lately with the driver that i eventually solved.
I did reinstall  the driver, disable any other program using the USB (Logitec camera in my case), restart with the JB3 plug before or after (cold/hot-plug) and eventually go in the hardware device manager and force the JB3 or driver to load. I had a few tries and finally it's stable. Hope this help ...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 11:11:02 AM »
I install from the CD, reboot, then plug in the JB3. Windows prompts with the "new hardware found" dialog and then plotzes when it "can't find drivers". I've uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results each time.

When this happens, you should have an option to specify the drivers rather than have XP find them (since XP obviously failed in the first place).  Direct XP to the drivers folder on the CD (sorry, don't know specifically which one it is at the moment since I've misplaced my JB3 disc) and continue the driver install and see if that works.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
Ok... will try to do it manually. The only reason I didn't was cause I couldn't actually trace the drivers on the CD (I'll admit I was dog tired last night and may have just been profoundly stupid - I"ll go look again later!)........... 

Another Q:  do I need to have the drivers intsalled before I start fiddling with the firmware update, or can I do the latter regardless of where I'm up to in the battle against XP?

Tx :)
DPA4060
R09

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 03:25:53 PM »
Ok, FINALLY.  Seems to have been that bloody XP certification nonsense after all (I thought I'd worked arouind that, but apparently not). tried one more time, pointed it to the CD drive manually and voila. 

Next up... firmware update.  Tralalala!

Thanks guys - appreciate the responses.
DPA4060
R09

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 03:56:39 PM »
fwiw, my jb3 only lets me upgrade via usb for some reason and the wall wart HAS to be plugged in :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 11:42:19 AM »
glitch-free firmware install :)

I have a couple more Q's, but they should probably be in a different thread, so...

Thanks all!
DPA4060
R09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com