Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update  (Read 54940 times)

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: M Audio Flash Tracker Recorder Update
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2005, 08:43:58 AM »

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2005, 09:09:36 AM »
I keep hearing about "reports from Europe", but can't find any European retailers who actually list this little toy on their websites... Has anyone been more successful than me? I also checked m-audio.de and m-audio.fr. Nothing...

Offline ice8888

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2005, 09:10:33 AM »
From buy.com...

Kingston 2GB FLashcard $79.95 after rebates.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_Elite_Pro_2_GB_CompactFlash_Card/q/mp/65/loc/101/10390647.html

ha!  just posted this over in the retail space section.  pretty good deal in my opinion.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »
I keep hearing about "reports from Europe", but can't find any European retailers who actually list this little toy on their websites... Has anyone been more successful than me? I also checked m-audio.de and m-audio.fr. Nothing...

Reports from Europe on what specifically?  Are you just looking for someone to buy from?  I'm sure places like Cascade or Sonic Sense could ship to Europe...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline pjdavep

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2005, 09:33:02 AM »
From buy.com...

Kingston 2GB FLashcard $79.95 after rebates.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_Elite_Pro_2_GB_CompactFlash_Card/q/mp/65/loc/101/10390647.html

I was thinking about flash cards, so this seems like a good time to ask the question -

Is there any information from M-audio on the maximum CF capacity supported by the Micro Track?  How about the recommended write rates for CF media?  I'm looking to get a 4GB CF card, because I don't want to have to switch out media during a show.  I'm assuming there is some auto-split functionality in the firmware to break the files at 2GB.  Obviously I want to buy my CF media soon, so that when I get the Microtrack, I'll be ready to start testing immediately :)

BTW, my experience with buy.com is that they take *forever* to process your order.  I'd rather pay more at newegg.com, get great shipping rates and great service.

Later,
   pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2005, 09:46:07 AM »
i am holding out on purchasing the media for as long as possible... prices seem to be falling every day.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2005, 10:12:03 AM »
I may have the opportunity to test one of these units as they go into production.  If so, is there anyone in the southeast that has already purchased a 4gb CF card and would be willing to UPS it to me for some field testing?  PM for details.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:31:34 AM by wboswell »

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2005, 10:22:22 AM »
I may have the opportunity to test one of these units before they go into production. 

Before they go into production?  I thought these were shipping in late July or early August.  Are you saying these aren't already made?

colin
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2005, 10:58:26 AM »

Reports from Europe on what specifically?  Are you just looking for someone to buy from?  I'm sure places like Cascade or Sonic Sense could ship to Europe...

Sonicsense does not repreent m-audio, i'm on frank's list.
we all live downstream.

Offline Teen Age Riot

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2005, 11:30:19 AM »
Not sure if it was in this thread or the other one, but somebody mentioned reports from Europe about possible (yet seemingly unsubstantiated) issues. Anyway, it just struck me as a little odd that there apparently were these reports (reliable or not), yet I can't find any European retailers. Of course, I could order from the US, but I'd like to avoid the extra taxes. Guess I'll just wait and see. Those damn CF cards are still too expensive anyway...

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2005, 11:37:07 AM »
Not sure if it was in this thread or the other one, but somebody mentioned reports from Europe about possible (yet seemingly unsubstantiated) issues. Anyway, it just struck me as a little odd that there apparently were these reports (reliable or not), yet I can't find any European retailers. Of course, I could order from the US, but I'd like to avoid the extra taxes. Guess I'll just wait and see. Those damn CF cards are still too expensive anyway...

Yeah that was posted on Oade and sounded like a bunch of BS anyway.  The guy never clarified any of what he said and was never able to show actual reports...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2005, 09:32:32 AM »
if they don't do something about the 2 gb limit, that would suck.   
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2005, 09:43:03 AM »
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com