Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio Flash Tracker details  (Read 87090 times)

Offline Steelcorner27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Audix ADX20-D, DPA 4061, Audix M1290
    • Steelcorner27 Trading Page
Re: M-Audio Flash Tracker details
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 07:26:16 PM »
Ok lets get down to the aplication of this. So I want to use this units phantom pwr. to light up my mics but I want to use a external pre. how is this going to work as far as cabling goes is it possible or will we be limited to using the internal preamp when using the internal phantom?

Brad

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 07:31:16 PM »
if using an external pre, id guess you would have to pull the power from the external pre, the tracker will just be used as an a/d at that point
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Steelcorner27

• Taperssection Regular
  • Audix ADX20-D, DPA 4061, Audix M1290
    • Steelcorner27 Trading Page
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 07:38:29 PM »
Thats what I thought I guess we'll have to wait to hear the quality of the internal pre before we worry about plugging to much shit into it.

Brad

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 07:55:05 PM »
v3>m-audio flash tracker via 24/48 ;D the batteries should be plentiful if im not using any phantom or a pre/a/d
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 08:28:51 PM »
NICE! getting really excited for this one!

Hells yeah Bean !
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005, 09:01:55 PM »
Even I want one.. Someone buy this poor grad student an M-Audio Flash Tracker.....
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:20 PM »
Nothing against Brian's French, but here's a quick and dirty translation from me:

MicroTrack 24/96

Anxious to respond to the user-friendly R-1 from Edirol, M-Audio presents the MicroTrack 24/96, a portable 2-track digital recorder capable of storing WAV or MP3-format recordings on CompactFlash
cards or micro drives.

Designed with musical recordings in mind, this recorder will no doubt be used in other areas as well (journalism, education...). The recording can be done via the standard stereo line in, or via the built-in pre-amp (with phantom power). In addition to the stereo line out, MicroTrack 24/96 has a useful S/PDIF input/output for digital inputs and transfers. Finally, the device has a stereo mini headphone mini jack, and phono outs through RCA connectors.

The device supports both Compact Flash (which many digital cameras use) and micro drives (miniature hard disks). The storage capacity thus depends directly on the choice of media. For example, a 1GB Compact Flash card allows CD-quality audio recording (stereo WAV, in 16 bits/44.1 Khz) for approximately 100 minutes. The same size card can also give 1500 minutes of stereo MP3 at 96 kbps. The user will, as a result, decide between one media or another according to his needs.

MicroTrack 24/96 can record as many individual files as the storage capacity will allow. A USB connection makes it possible to see the apparatus from either a Mac or a PC, like media of standard storage. It is thus possible to transfer the files with an easy drag and drop. The MicroTrack ships with the Audacity software (for Mac and PC) which makes it possible to edit the recorded files and to convert them if need be.

You may also wish to know that the power is provided by long-lasting lithium ion batteries, with approximately 8 hours of life (or 3 hours with phantom power on), and that they recharge when connected to a computer via the USB port (or via an optional external plug).

No final price has been announced yet, but rumor is that the MicroTrack 24/96 will be advertised for around 599 Euros, including tax.

So by the translation, there's a mini line out jack AND a mini headphone jack in addition to the RCA outs and the S/PDIF I/O. Still no measurement on the TRS jacks but I have to assume they're 1/4 now that we know the jacks on the top of the unit are minis. Very cool that it'll ship with Audacity, and that it'll be Mac AND PC compatible, though hopefully the CF usage will make platform pointless...

Don't playa hate!  Actually the internet translated that bitch for me.....I took German back in school!
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 03:04:39 AM »
So there is no stereo, single connector 1/4" or 1/8" input on the device?  :o

What about specs like SNR, impedance, etc?
We do get a wall-wart?

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 03:11:09 AM »
Even I want one.. Someone buy this poor grad student an M-Audio Flash Tracker.....

how about i just sell you another JB3 instead :D
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline kfrinkle

• Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 09:03:22 AM »
I got 2 of those already, was thinking about a trade-in of sorts. :P
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 09:16:44 AM »

Reread the translation from Dave. Second paragraph.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 10:14:45 AM »

'Standard stereo line in'?
I.e.: consumer level line in on a stereo mini-jack terminated in 47K or so? (like on a Sony DAT?)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 10:20:01 AM »

'Standard stereo line in'?
I.e.: consumer level line in on a stereo mini-jack terminated in 47K or so? (like on a Sony DAT?)

I think the concensus has been it will be a 1/4" line in, not mini. It will also have a mini in...

So by the translation, there's a mini line out jack AND a mini headphone jack in addition to the RCA outs and the S/PDIF I/O. Still no measurement on the TRS jacks but I have to assume they're 1/4 now that we know the jacks on the top of the unit are minis. Very cool that it'll ship with Audacity, and that it'll be Mac AND PC compatible, though hopefully the CF usage will make platform pointless...
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline ice8888

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 10:50:55 AM »
cant wait for this thing to finally hit the streets... should be a great replacement for my lappy and dat.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 11:11:19 AM »
I think the concensus has been it will be a 1/4" line in, not mini. It will also have a mini in...

Actually, look at the picture that shows the top of the unit. There are what looks like two 1/4" connectors and two 1/8" connectors. Going by the text on the first page of this thread:

The MicroTrack features a 1/4 jack input, a micro preamp (fantom powered), a jack output, digital in/out (S/PDIF), a RCA output and a headphones output. MicroTrack comes with Lithium ion battery. User can charge battery on a computer via USB port.

It looks like the 1/4" connectors are called "jacks" in that description. So there's the "1/4 jack input" and the "jack output". One of the 1/8" connectors is a headphone out according to the French article, but it makes no mention of what the other connector is. Maybe it's not even a 1/8" jack, but a power jack instead - the French article mentions the possibility of an external power source other than the USB. We still haven't seen the back or the right side of this thing so far, so maybe the power jack is there, but who knows...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com